Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I sometimes groan when my truck nickle and dimes me on maintenance, after a recent family road trip from Chicago to Orlando a few weeks back, I can say truly that it was a very enjoyable experience to drive over the course of 2800 miles. It never missed a beat or ever ever felt under powered on the highway fully loaded. Three adults, a teenager and toddler, 6 suitcases on the hitch and a Thule full length roof rack carrier (loaded), the truck was fully loaded. The air suspension did an awesome job of making the truck feel planted and never did I notice any of the weight on the outside of the truck. Everyone had their own TV and or plugs for power. The Navigation (Kenwood aftermarket) was spot on and rerouted us around traffic nightmares in Chattanooga and Atlanta. I averaged 16.8MPG for the whole trip which came as a surprise as we were fully loaded and I had the cruise set to 75mph all the time. The stand out for me was while on the road was when what seemed like a snoozing semi driver in the mountain in TN started to drift into our lane at about 70mph to which my only recourse was to punch it instead of break. The truck came to life in a split second and pulled right past the drifting semi with power to spare. Sorry but no other V6 or 4 could have pulled that off as it was very impressive.

All in all the ride was a success and I can vouch for its power when needed. On a separate note, while deal is still up at Amazon, there are Bosch double Iridium plugs for sale @ 6.14 for a 4 pack. Seems like a typo to me but it clearly says pack of 4. I ordered 2 so we will see by this Friday if they actually send me 8 or just 2. I need to do plugs and wires anyways.

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 250,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,118 Posts
We throughly love road trips in our 2005 ESV, perhaps thats why I have just under 300k. Wow 16 mpgs, I am lucky to get 14 downhill loaded up with wife, 3 kids, gear and a mother inlaw!

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I would have held out a bit longer for an ESV but I could not pass up on the deal I got on mine. Also, just got the sparkplug delivered. Amazon as advertised sent me 8 for 12 bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts