Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I just couldn't ever accept a Cavalier with a Caddy Crest into the family. Just can't do it.

IMO, the Cimarron is the "yard-child" of the Caddy family. Never was real crazy about the Catera, either.

This CTS has a future every bit as bright as the '76 Seville, IMO. I only hope they'll name this baby instead of just giving it a code.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I am with elvis, i cant accept that as a cadillac. It kinda looks like a mid 90s dodge shadow or sundance.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
its too good to be a caviler not good enough for caddy. I thought it was a mistake and sales reflected the same

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The CTS is too big to be considered "compact".. Isn't it?

And yes, the Cimarron was pretty quick when it had the 2.8 v6...

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Actually on that cimarron, i really liked the seats in it. It was the only thing that reflected a cadillac other than the crests.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed... That's what I thought too. The nicest part about it is the leather seats with insignia...

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
That has to be the nicest Cimmaron I have ever seen!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is beyond Belief, that's a smooth looking baby caddy. Some sts rims and your good to go

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
We have a 1980 Pontiac Phoenix, the first year they put the 2.8 into production. Very torqey and snappy engine. Some of the first ones, however, were lemons with wrong-sized camshafts, etc. Ours has 250,000 kms.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Forgive me, folks, but if someone at Lexus decided to take Toyota Echo, attach nice seats, slap a bid L in the front, and sell it to us as an entry-level Lexus, he would be fired, same for some other brands.
Again, I am sorry, this is another Cimarron bashing and perhaps to some nothing new, but this is just how I see it.
Looking at this, I feel really sorry for GM and poor dealers who had to convince buyers to shell out money for this.
However, current CTS is a far, far cry, from the past. In a good way.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
they do that with camry's though. es300 i think. and i think infinity did it with sentras. cadillac just didnt try hard enough.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You also have to remember that in the 80's, nobody wanted to spend money on gas. So, small vehicles were important to owners back then. If you think about it, the first Lexus vehicles (ES250) weren't much more impressive...

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
infiniti did pull a similar stunt on the g20 , but it was a rebaged nissan primera , it was the top of the line car in europe , it belonged in the infiniti line tho the enginering that went into it was far beyond any sentra or sunny (what sentras called in europe) as for handleing it was awesome for a front drive car , i have yet to own/drive a front drive car that comes close to it on the skid pad

as for the cimmaron .....its a j body , blame it on Mr Wagner of Gm in the 80s , he belived that every platform Gm had could be branded under every gm name , like olds ferenza,buick skyhawk, and many other lame duck GMs the cimmaron was a victim of GM brand management of the 80s , the real victims were fiero/reatta/allante tho , cars that had more potentail than there tightwad beancounter GM managers would allow as they saw more money in rebageing w body and j body GM cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, that is actually my car that I posted pics of on cardomain, so i was surprised to see it here. It has much better wheels now than the stock ones in the pics though. STS style sorta kinda. I'll try and get some new pics of it. My grandparents bought the car from me a few months back because they needed one, but i'm buying it back when they're done with it. It is a pretty quick little car and the seats are some of the best I've ever sat in. I always got a kick out of driving it because people would always be asking questions about it, since they are so rare and most have never seen one. So, love it or hate it, it is still a great little car for the $$$ I paid for it w/ 30,000 miles.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome aboard, TriplewWW83! And thank you for signing up! You own one of the nicest Cimarrons I've ever seen.. Post some more pictures if you ever get a chance.. There may even be a few in our Image section - but I'm not sure...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts