Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 26" Giovanna Canneli's on my 07' ext and i wash them at leastt every other day...now i have had them for a few months and they are stained with water spots and they are starting to pit! I was pissedd so i figured wutever no problem i guess ill have to polish them...i used mothers chrome polish and it made a scuff...then i went through 5 other top quality polishes and even one imported straight from Germany (i used it on a rusty corroded chrome bike and it made it beautifull 10X's better then when it was brand new) and alll of them scuffed my wheel without even getting the water spots off...i am now in the process with Giovanna trying to find out what is going on... their telling me that since all four wheels are like that then it's most likely me not taking care of them which is total BS...I had American racing brand wheels on my old truck and i left them on one winter because I was out of the country...I came back and washed them...then polished them and they were perfect....so why are these Giovanna's acting like shit?

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
wow, that sucks to hear you got that problem. I only paid $2500 for mine on ebay non-brand, and they are like mirror finish til this day.

With what you paid for yours, I sure hope they back it up and send you new ones! Good luck. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Sucks that you have that problem with them...Ive heard their customer service sucks.

But I have had a set of Giovanna Cassino's since 2004 on my truck and they are still perfect until now. Maybe they made better wheels back then.

·
Registered
316 Posts
wow, that sucks to hear you got that problem. I only paid $2500 for mine on ebay non-brand, and they are like mirror finish til this day.

With what you paid for yours, I sure hope they back it up and send you new ones! Good luck. Let us know what happens.
what kind did u get? are they 26s? still on ebay? got a link?

·
Registered
Cadillac
139 Posts
There is an easy way to remove the water spots from the chrome on your wheels. Go to the supermarket and buy CLR. Its a product that removes calsium deposits from your shower door and also cleans rust stains on your house from your sprinklers. Pour the CLR onto a rag and wipe the stains off. Be sure to rinse the wheels afterwards. I use CLR every time my wheels get spotted. It works great. Sorry I cant help with the scuffing.

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is an easy way to remove the water spots from the chrome on your wheels. Go to the supermarket and buy CLR. Its a product that removes calsium deposits from your shower door and also cleans rust stains on your house from your sprinklers. Pour the CLR onto a rag and wipe the stains off. Be sure to rinse the wheels afterwards. I use CLR every time my wheels get spotted. It works great. Sorry I cant help with the scuffing.
hmm ill check it out...out of curiousity...but still, i want new ones because this should not be happening

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold) 2011 radiant silver CTS-V
429 Posts
ive read here from some members here at the forum that giovanna's warranty sucks. and another thing do you know if your giovannas are 1st line or 2nd line?? i own a set of giovanna abruzzos myself, i got them back in 04 and they still look shiney.

·
Registered
Cadillac
139 Posts
To be honest after dealing with WTWcorp for a few years now I have continued to grow more and more dissatisfied with their customer service. Dont even try to talk about warranty if you didnt get the wheels from a certified dealer. If you are fighting for new wheels your waisting your time, choose another battle. Try the CLR and fugedaboudit!!!

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
fast66 and CAD-E, you guys still have nice looking wheels because you don't drive where the roads are covered in the winter with salt or mag-chloride, right? Mag-chloride is hell on chrome and salt is hell on anything that will rust. Most of the guys in Colorado have two sets of wheels, summer and winter.
Those wheel companys should step up for what they charge.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have many wax customers that have had problems with Giovanna wheel finishes, and as said if you have nice wheels get them off before the first snow if you want to keep them nice. :)

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have many wax customers that have had problems with Giovanna wheel finishes, and as said if you have nice wheels get them off before the first snow if you want to keep them nice. :)
its summer here and i only had them for a few months unless the wheels are pretending its winter lol i dont think they should be so messed up...

·
Registered
Cadillac
215 Posts
I'm going through the same thing with some Zinik rims. Complete and udder bulls*** After 3 months the chrome on one of the rims started to peel. It was paper thin (seriously!) I've seen thicker and better looking chrome on hub caps. They replaced it but the rim I got is just as bad. The corners look like polished aluminum. When I pay 500$ a rim from a reputable company (or I thought) I would assume I'd get a little better quality. I had a cheaper set of rims on my last car (Limited) and the finish was 10x better. I'm getting permanent water spots ass well. I wash my rims at least once a week. I don't use anything besides car wash and soft sponge to clean them. I use Master Formula sealer and gloss (contains no abrasives, works like a million bucks.) Even that couldn't fix these guys. Im getting pitting and the clear looks like it almost rubbed off in areas. I'm not happy to say the least.

I'm working with my rim guy now to straighten this crap out. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good company to go with? I'm hoping to get credit for them and go with a different brand. I thought $500 a rim was too much. I know I should go with a 3 piece wheel, but I'm not going to spend that much. Every rim shop I talk to about these are surprised. My guy and this other big place by me have dealt with Zinik alot and they said they never had problems. I figured it was a fluke and a bad batch from China (seems like everything comming from there is getting worse nowadays) but the replacement is even worse.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Giovanni rims are garbage I had a set on my 360 and that car never sees rain, I went over one pothole and warped them . they told me that I was driving off road...I told them that they are right and I bought the baja edition modena...by my luck someone stole them torched them and threw 2 of them threw the front store window and the other 2 threw the car of the vendor...after that the vendor was such a honest guy that they took the hit and got a set of da vinci for me for free..even thou giovanni didnt step up at least the vendor did great guy.

·
Registered
07 Yukon
22 Posts
Sucks that you have that problem with them...Ive heard their customer service sucks.

But I have had a set of Giovanna Cassino's since 2004 on my truck and they are still perfect until now. Maybe they made better wheels back then.
One of my favorite wheels. Got any pics?

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm going through the same thing with some Zinik rims. Complete and udder bulls*** After 3 months the chrome on one of the rims started to peel. It was paper thin (seriously!) I've seen thicker and better looking chrome on hub caps. They replaced it but the rim I got is just as bad. The corners look like polished aluminum. When I pay 500$ a rim from a reputable company (or I thought) I would assume I'd get a little better quality. I had a cheaper set of rims on my last car (Limited) and the finish was 10x better. I'm getting permanent water spots ass well. I wash my rims at least once a week. I don't use anything besides car wash and soft sponge to clean them. I use Master Formula sealer and gloss (contains no abrasives, works like a million bucks.) Even that couldn't fix these guys. Im getting pitting and the clear looks like it almost rubbed off in areas. I'm not happy to say the least.

I'm working with my rim guy now to straighten this crap out. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good company to go with? I'm hoping to get credit for them and go with a different brand. I thought $500 a rim was too much. I know I should go with a 3 piece wheel, but I'm not going to spend that much. Every rim shop I talk to about these are surprised. My guy and this other big place by me have dealt with Zinik alot and they said they never had problems. I figured it was a fluke and a bad batch from China (seems like everything comming from there is getting worse nowadays) but the replacement is even worse.
you see im not the only oine with this problem...they think that its impossible and that their wheels are perfect. i paid mad money for what i thought was top of the line and look what happens...im gonna try to get my money back and go with a different brand

1 - 20 of 29 Posts