Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, now as some of you know, I bailed rlj out on his V, finishing what damian harney couldnt do in 4 mos.

I am only sharing this , not to criticize his deal, but to criticize his apparent juvenile actions. This is not to say, what I saw, I would do, but, its not a horrible idea, weak imo. And yes I am allowed an opinion.

Anyway rlj was kind enough to donate his Stage 3 kit to Me for Me to sell, and I did I went down the line until someone bought it., soooooooooo I go out Sat to move some things around since I just finished damians project for rjl on Friday.

LO AND BEHOLD....I pick the kit up and ITS FRIKKING BENT, not a little oops I dropped it bent, but bent on a press or some similar apparatus!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN RUINED, PURPOSEFULLY RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I'm sorry, but damian, you had this dudes car 4 mos, then to destroy his property on top of it, because he had the audacity to demand it back??!! shame on you, how friggin 3rd grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be pics soon to follow, as My account is full on pics, I emailed them to rlj.

I felt it only fair to alert any who may be considering doing business with him to let you know this, as I said, his design is what it is, but his actions are what I'm calling attention to.

Doug

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Damian and I had a few exchanges on here at times. Oh, wait a minute. Who haven't I had an exchange with? Oh well, sorry to hear they resorted to this. Be sure to post some pix of the damage. Time for a little small claims court if you ask me.

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
Alright, now as some of you know, I bailed rlj out on his V, finishing what damian harney couldnt do in 4 mos.

I am only sharing this , not to criticize his deal, but to criticize his apparent juvenile actions. This is not to say, what I saw, I would do, but, its not a horrible idea, weak imo. And yes I am allowed an opinion.

Anyway rlj was kind enough to donate his Stage 3 kit to Me for Me to sell, and I did I went down the line until someone bought it., soooooooooo I go out Sat to move some things around since I just finished damians project for rjl on Friday.

LO AND BEHOLD....I pick the kit up and ITS FRIKKING BENT, not a little oops I dropped it bent, but bent on a press or some similar apparatus!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN RUINED, PURPOSEFULLY RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I'm sorry, but damian, you had this dudes car 4 mos, then to destroy his property on top of it, because he had the audacity to demand it back??!! shame on you, how friggin 3rd grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be pics soon to follow, as My account is full on pics, I emailed them to rlj.

I felt it only fair to alert any who may be considering doing business with him to let you know this, as I said, his design is what it is, but his actions are what I'm calling attention to.

Doug

No end to the thanks I owe Doug on this one , Just have no Idea what I would have done without his help. Waited 4 months and heard every excuse you can imagine, that is the few times I was able to get a return e-mail.
After talking with Doug about the problem they couldn't fix I took a trailer picked it up & took it to Doug. Had it fixed within a week.

Here are the pictures Doug e-mailed me of the Stage III that was taken off my V. I gave it to Doug since I wouldn't need it anymore and really had no idea it had been destroyed.

Attachments

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Wow, that thing looks like its been run over by a rig.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,991 Posts
I've got one of those in my garage I just bought and feeling its beef, I'm tellin' ya it would have taken some serious effort to bend that sucker like that.

Uh, btw, that's a lot lower than 3rd grade, IMHO.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
I hate to ask this becuase I think I know what the answer is....

Is this the one I am buying from you? If it is I guess easy come easy go...

Sorry to see that some people will stoop to this level of immaturity. I am glad to hear he is no longer a supporting member but I think he should be banned permanently from this forum.

Here's a thought, make up a list of the people we should NOT work with and put this up on the CaddyFaq web site. (If it's there already I would appreciate if someone could point me to it, sorry for being soooo lazy)

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
I would of called him out in the thread title!He might not see this to try and defend himself.That sucks big time,i hope theres a decent explanation here.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
What an ass. Even if there's a reasonable explanation ("Oops- I backed over it with my truck"), there's no reason whatsoever for just passing it off and not saying anything.

File him under "Vendors I never liked but I kept my mouth shut to avoid running off paying supporters" along with Pietro Raimondi, D3, etc....

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Damian and I had a few exchanges on here at times. Oh, wait a minute. Who haven't I had an exchange with? Oh well, sorry to hear they resorted to this. Be sure to post some pix of the damage. Time for a little small claims court if you ask me.
yeah, swap stuff...then you don't call, you don't write, what is a guy to think?
:hide:

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
I had been in communication with this guy for a couple months (both by phone/emails). I asked him how many he had done, he said he's working on his fourth one and would call me with the previous 3 customers so I could talk to them as references......obviously.....that didn't happen. It's really sad that with sooooo many good/honest vendors in the country an "A - hole" like this appears. Randy......you're right....lower than 3rd grade.

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
I'm not sure what happened in this case, but Damian has done great work on my car, and has been honest, upfront and fair with me. This may make me the object of an angry mob, but I can only judge based on my experience with him and FBC. They'll still work on my car in the future, and it will continue to run flawlessly and fast. My rear end is solid after about 5000 "spirited" miles. In fact, it has outlasted the rear end on my Trailblazer SS which is gone after 4000 gentle miles.

Damian does performance work as a side job, and he is very good at it. He has a full time job to pay bills/insurance etc, and he does this stuff because he loves cars and loves to race. I'm not sure when he sleeps.

I just can't imagine his destroying anyone's property. This is a guy who gave me his own car as a loaner last time he worked on mine, and I live 2 hours away from him.

And before anyone goes checking IP addresses, etc., I am not Damian and I never played him on TV or the internet.

My $0.02.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
FBC is the local "story" shop around here... i have my own opinions and i'm not going to badmouth Damian publicly ... but the SHOP he works with SUCKS... myself and a lot of people i know have had lots of damage done to cars, had to take "abortions on wheels" elsewhere to get stuff finished.

not to discount the people who have had good experiences with FBC... but i would personally never go there again,......>EVER!!!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its good to see keeks you had a good experience.

All I can say and relate is what I have seen or heard personally...and I have pics to prove it.

As for anyone elses experiences, I have no info.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts