Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few shots of my '79 CDV from a car show this weekend (Chocowinity NC). Show was rained out towards the mid-afternoon. I got another trophy for one of the top 50 cars. Will post a few other pics shortly, including a couple other Caddys.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Damn, you've the the best looking '79! I may be biased, but yours is my favorite out of those three caddies.

BTW, roughly where are you located?

Ben

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Hey, we're not that far from each other! Somehow I never noticed that. It'd be cool to see the two coupes together if there was a show somewhere in between. 1979 all over again, haha.

Ben

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
highway you running true duals? if so what muffler
It's a modified "Hooker" system (16810HKR) designed for Chevy "Monte Carlo S/S" and Buick Regal "Grand National" cars, with a Corvette style "bolt-in" catalytic converter (Magnaflow 93440, 3" in/out). The mufflers are Walker "Quiet-Flow" with 2 1/2" offset in/out (22393), as used on some police cars I believe. I did the system myself, and it was something of a PITA. But it flows great and isn't loud, sounds just right. Original Y-pipe has been modded. Not any good muffler shops in my area. If there was, I would just have had something done from scratch. I didn't go with true duals because I didn't want to monkey with the crossover support.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 06 DTS Performance - Past 91Broughamd'Elegance,76FWBd'Elegance,98STS,00Eldorado,06STS
778 Posts
geez, i don't even think my new car looks that clean underneath! Looks great!

·
Registered
1977 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
10 Posts
You have a beautiful CDV. I have a 77 myself. You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the inside, would you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts