Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a solution for the belt bothering my boney shoulder, since I couldn't find a small clamp strong enough to keep the belt extended.

I took a wire coat hanger, the kind without the wire across the bottom, cut the cardboard tube down to 3", bend the wire ends inward, so they'd go back in the shortened tube, folded the top part of the hanger over and shoved it down the seam where the headliner meets the B pillar trim (measure the amount of folding you need to raise the belt off your shoulder). Then I shoved the ends back in the tube with the belt through the middle. It's much more comfortable, and there isn't the slack belt flopping around, but I do have to pull the belt out (and up) with my right hand when hooking up. A small price to pay.

·
Registered
2000 SLS
292 Posts
I also was bothered by this. In my case a small binder clip would hold the belt. It also helps to raise the head rest.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also was bothered by this. In my case a small binder clip would hold the belt. It also helps to raise the head rest.
I'm surprised the clip will hold the belt. I tried a safety pin for a while, but the excess belt flopping around on entry/exit was annoying, plus it was hard to find an extension comfortable in various positions. There was always too much or too little slack. Now it's off my collarbone entirely.

Your year Deville has the raisable belt thingie, which later years don't have. How does raising the head rest help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts