Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got rid of the v guys and got a platinum blue e55 im going to be selling my wheels intake headers and exhaust ....will post pics and prices soon

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
That's one fast rocket sled! Enjoy it!

I'm only 42 and have nearly all of my hair, (no grey) so I'm no where near old enough to own an E class myself but they sure are fast! Once upon a time you had to be an old plug to drive a Cadillac...Things sure change.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
mchm3 said:
got rid of the v guys and got a platinum blue e55 im going to be selling my wheels intake headers and exhaust ....will post pics and prices soon
aren't they ditching the supercharged v8 and replacing them with 510hp NA v8?

·
Registered
277 Posts
koop said:
I'm only 42 and have nearly all of my hair, (no grey) so I'm no where near old enough to own an E class myself
lmao

give some comparisons between the two cars if you can.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
315 Posts
How much are you wanting for the B&B Exhaust and X pipe? I am very interested in that and the More Intake. Thanks.

Ryan

·
Banned
851 Posts
mchm3 said:
Hi mchm3, I think the guys at merc. was very happy to sell you the e55!
Didn`t you know the new E will be out in 2006?
The e55 is a little faster but maybe you`ll miss your 6 speeed maunual.

A happy NEW YEAR too you

Harry

·
Registered
221 Posts
harryctsv said:
Hi mchm3, I think the guys at merc. was very happy to sell you the e55!
Didn`t you know the new E will be out in 2006?
Harry
Most spy reports put the new E for an '09 or '08 from what ive read. My dad just picked up an 06 E55-- absolute rocket. Im my opinion, its the nicest car on the street. A guy on MBForums just ran a 10.95 in the 1/4 with a tune, new pulley, and exhaust. I never thought I'd see the day when a Benz broke 12 seconds, let alone into the 10s!!

CONGRATS!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't think you'll get anyone telling you it's a bad move man. If you've got the cash, the E55 is a better car for sure.

A friend of mine has an E55 and while we've never raced, there's no question he'd beat me. At this point though, I'm not willing to let the manual shift go, not to mention $90 large (if that's what they're worth these days).

Good luck. We're all looking forward to your comparison review. Please post your impressions in detail, we're all interested.

·
Banned
851 Posts
oceanhut said:
Most spy reports put the new E for an '09 or '08 from what ive read. My dad just picked up an 06 E55-- absolute rocket. Im my opinion, its the nicest car on the street. A guy on MBForums just ran a 10.95 in the 1/4 with a tune, new pulley, and exhaust. I never thought I'd see the day when a Benz broke 12 seconds, let alone into the 10s!!

CONGRATS!!
Hi Oceanhut,
the E gets a faclift in June/06 and an all new model for 2007

Happy New Year
Harry

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am looking at doing the same thing. I know that the E55 is the faster, better car but I don't really think it is as fun to drive.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The E55 is much faster. It absolutely hauls tail.

The new 6.3 engine will eventually replace it but it may not be as fast. It will have more HP but a lot less torque so the only way to make it as fast is if they go to the 7 speed transmission to give it more gears.

Of course there is already talk that in a couple of years they will add a blower to that so they can top the M5.

The 07 E is getting a "freshening". They are adding that ugly Bangle-like rear end that the new S Class has on to the E Class. I have no idea why MB is imitating the worst parts of the BMW - Bangle and I Driver - in their new cars.

dumb

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
How do you think a CTS-V with the Lingenfelter 427 530HP conversion would do? The conversion is $23,000. A new CTS-V with this would put them near in price. Sure a Mercedes looks richer but to kick a$$ with a V would be cool!

·
Registered
330 Posts
RobertCTS said:
How do you think a CTS-V with the Lingenfelter 427 530HP conversion would do? The conversion is $23,000. A new CTS-V with this would put them near in price. Sure a Mercedes looks richer but to kick a$$ with a V would be cool!
I would give my right arm for a Lingenfelter engine

But then I couldn't shift!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
MCaesar said:
The E55 is much faster. It absolutely hauls tail.
The new 6.3 engine will eventually replace it but it may not be as fast. It will have more HP but a lot less torque so the only way to make it as fast is if they go to the 7 speed transmission to give it more gears.
Of course there is already talk that in a couple of years they will add a blower to that so they can top the M5.
The 07 E is getting a "freshening". They are adding that ugly Bangle-like rear end that the new S Class has on to the E Class. I have no idea why MB is imitating the worst parts of the BMW - Bangle and I Driver - in their new cars.
dumb
from what i hear, NA engine doesn't lose steam on highend like supercharged engines do. Also it's a very light engine.

·
Registered
261 Posts
MCaesar said:
I would give my right arm for a Lingenfelter engine

But then I couldn't shift!
And I'd give your left arm for a Ligenfelter engine. ;)

Shortly thereafter, I assume I'd have to give a considerable sum to GM for another unwarranted rear end. :crying2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts