Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new 2006 Corvette Coupe! Black, ebony interior, 3LT, transparant roof, chrome wheels. The car is absolutely beautiful :) My dealer was doing the GM employee discount on 06 Vettes, so it was a great deal. Here is a pic from my camera phone after I got it home.

I really loved my V, but I wanted to get into a Corvette. This is an excellent community here and i'm still going to be visiting regularly :)

·
Banned
851 Posts
ChrisFrez said:
A new 2006 Corvette Coupe! Black, ebony interior, 3LT, transparant roof, chrome wheels. The car is absolutely beautiful :) My dealer was doing the GM employee discount on 06 Vettes, so it was a great deal. Here is a pic from my camera phone after I got it home.

I really loved my V, but I wanted to get into a Corvette. This is an excellent community here and i'm still going to be visiting regularly :)
Hi ChrisFrez,
Congratulations on your new Vette!:thumbsup:
Now you got the real two door Corvette, I always call the CTS V - the Vette with four doors.

I´ve owned three C5 Vettes and I loved them all. Never had any problems with them.

Happy New Year to you

Harry

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's my dilemma. Do I really need 4 doors? Not very often.

I've been looking at the Corvette.

Do you really notice that 650 lb weight difference? What about steering/quick lane changes. How much is the ride different from the V?

We need some driving impressions in relation to the V since you have experienced what few on Earth have. Let's hear it. Good and bad.

Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm curious on what the MSRP vs what you paid was, if that's not too personal to ask.

Although I just got my V & plan on 2-3 yrs in it, I have an 03 Mustang Cobra & I'm deciding on replacing it with the new GT500 Mustang or a Vette (with a maggie added). So I'm looking at pricing new, used, mods costs, etc. thanks.

D.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, Black on Black, Sunroof, UUC Bushing, Hotchkis
24 Posts
Congrats on the new Vette. Is it a big difference getting out of the low seat?

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
ChrisFrez said:
BAH--you suck!! :worship:

The only car I really wanted more than the V was a Vette...

Granted, the V, despite being far more "useful," does have many redeeming qualities, but a Vette is....a vette... :lildevil:

Congratulations on your new purchase!! :highfive:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stangar said:

Do you really notice that 650 lb weight difference? What about steering/quick lane changes. How much is the ride different from the V?

We need some driving impressions in relation to the V since you have experienced what few on Earth have. Let's hear it. Good and bad.

Thanks.
Power band feels pretty much the same. The CTS-V has 3.73 gears in the rear so it seems like the V had the edge out of the hole.

Comfort would go to the Caddy definetly. Being 6'4", obviously the Caddy is sooo much easier to get in and out of. The Vette of course is much lower to the ground, and I JUST fit in terms of leg room. If the seat could go back maybe 4 more inches it would be perfect (to stretch out more). Comfort in the Vette though is surprisingly nice. The leather seats are very comfortable and everything is in a nice reach. The 6 speed feels waaaay better in the Vette compared to the Caddy too.

I'm curious on what the MSRP vs what you paid was, if that's not too personal to ask.
MSRP was $51,830. I bought the car for $46,811.90.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
Stangar said:

Thanks.
Congratulations on the C6. If you haven't found them yet check out corvetteforum.com and digitalcorvettes.com.

I have a 2003 Convertible with a little over 50K miles, the 3 coast to coast trips added a few miles and I also drive her on the road course several times a year. So I will give you some of my impressions:

For comfort I would have to go with the Vette, I have Magnetic Selective Ride that allows you to select "Sport" or "Tour", the ride on Sport is similar to the V. Tour smoothes the bumps out, so on a long trip it is better. But the V has a lot more room.

One thing that I wish the V had was the Heads Up Display so the speed, RPM, and Fuel level would display on the windshield.

Because of the weight difference the V's are geared lower and it is my opinion that on the road course with similar experienced drivers the V would not stand a chance. Also the lower gearing will not allow you to get as good of gas mileage. I left Rock Springs Wyoming a few years ago and set the cruise on 85. Only slowed down for road construction and to get gas. When I arrived in Carson City Nevada I calculated my average at 30.6 MPG.

The Corvette is lower so it is a little harder to get in and out of. The Vette on corners has no noticable body roll whereas on the V it is slightly noticable.

I like the Brembo's on the V, the seat in the V is far superior to the seat in the Vette. The adjustment of the seat back on the Vette is an infinite adjustment done with two cables and two clamps. There is a lever on the outside of the seat when you lift it up it releases the clamps so you can put the seatback where ever you want it. When you let go of the lever it clamps down on the cables. This is great unless you are doing 115+ MPH entering a corner while braking and downshifting to 3rd, the extra pressure on the seatback will sometimes let the cable(s) slip. In my case the entire seatback let loose, it was like all of a sudden there was no seatback. The car became unbalanced and I was forced to exit the track and drive into the desert. The adjustment on the V is outstanding, GM just couldn't put in the extra weight of another electric motor.

I love the storage space in the V, when two are taking a cross country trip in the Vette and still want to be able to lower the top, we're limited to about three flight bags.

To get Drivers Information on the Corvette is a snap, it is a little more difficult on the V. One thing I noticed today is that the fuel range on the Corvette will actually show miles (like down to 2 because I've done it) whereas the V will just show "Low Fuel" after a certain point.

As noted before the shifter in the Vette is superior. I upgraded my shifter in the Vette 3-years ago to a Hurst. It is spring loaded and when in neutral it is below 3rd. To get it in 1st is a noticable resistance. Also the 2nd to 3rd shift is straight up, no up-over-up. On the track it is an outstanding shifter.

I love both cars and would hate to have to choose.

My V is about the same color as the Vette with similar interior.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Who was doing Employee discounts on Corvettes? I looked for months before I bought my V. No one was dealing at all on the Vette.

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
congrats!! thats the way im going after my lease runs out in april 07.. will try and get a year old z06 when it comes back down to reality in price!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Chris, Congrats on the VETTE---
We just Ordered one about (2) weeks ago. LeMans Blue 3LT with Navigation, Polished Wheels, Clear roof.
Got a GREAT DEAL also. You are right about everything being within reach and the 6-SPEED is easier than I thought to drive.
Now I've got to put my "V" up for SALE (sad about that)
Ginnie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts