Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great car but since I bought my conversion van I hardly ever drove it. Why? Because I just didn't think it was fun enough. Yeah it moved out well and sounded good doing it but I need something more fun. I'll spend up to $5k for a "fun" car, perhaps an old GM full size vert, K5 Blazer or even a Mustang 5.0 or Camaro/Iroc vert. Speed isn't a big issue, I just want something fun but it has to be a V8 RWD with enough room for the wife and kids (no Vette damnit!). Any other suggestions?. Mark VIII sold fast, within a day of listing it. Here are the last pics I took of it 3 days ago:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Pristine 92' STS *WITH THE 4.9* (I know youre Northstar averse)? 5k (or less) would get you a mint example (the trouble is finding it).

It doesnt fulfill the RWD requirement, but it comes close I guess.

Another fun thought is a 96 TJ Wrangler, or an XJ Cherokee. Man I dunno, so many possibilities Im just pullin stuff out of the air.

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
If it has to be both of those there's always a Fleetwood/Caprice/Roadmaster...

But if I were looking for a fun-mobile I'd look no further than a Jeep.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
A Northstar powered Isuzu.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
840Ci, 740iL, S Class (hey, how about a S500/S600 Coupe!?), AMG anything, 540i, 330i, etc etc.

Oh, wait, you don't wanna go for more than $5000.

Hmmmm.... could you get into a nice '68-'70 DeVille Convert for that kinda money?

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Yep, W140 MB would be a good choice but I think Big Body GM cars would suit the best for you

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Pristine 92' STS *WITH THE 4.9* (I know youre Northstar averse)? 5k (or less) would get you a mint example (the trouble is finding it).

It doesnt fulfill the RWD requirement, but it comes close I guess.

Another fun thought is a 96 TJ Wrangler, or an XJ Cherokee. Man I dunno, so many possibilities Im just pullin stuff out of the air.
Or a 1983 Corvette :alchi:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
840Ci, 740iL, S Class (hey, how about a S500/S600 Coupe!?), AMG anything, 540i, 330i, etc etc.

Oh, wait, you don't wanna go for more than $5000.

Hmmmm.... could you get into a nice '68-'70 DeVille Convert for that kinda money?
I may be getting an '81 Mercedes 380SL w/hard and soft tops but it wouldn't be for another 2 weeks. I passed on a real nice '70 Deville convertible a few weeks ago and now I wish I hadn't.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Yeah, that would be nice too. But wouldn't you want something a little newer? Plus, aren't those only two seaters?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, that would be nice too. But wouldn't you want something a little newer? Plus, aren't those only two seaters?
Some of SL's do have a little room in the back for kids if I'm not mistaken. Age is of no importance, I just want something fun. I'd actually prefer something older and simpler. Just something for the beaches and cruising around.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
If I'm not mistaken aren't the 3.8's known for headgasket issues? I think they are gorgeous, I just don't know that motor as well as the 3.0, the 3.2 and the V8's.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I'm not mistaken aren't the 3.8's known for headgasket issues? I think they are gorgeous, I just don't know that motor as well as the 3.0, the 3.2 and the V8's.
That I dont know. Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
There's a LOT of older domestic RWD/V8 convertibles that are loads of fun, or for my taste, the coupe versions are even more. The problem is just finding something in the right condition for that price range.

Or, maybe, a Jeep Wrangler (common, yes, but there's LOTS of variety and things that can be done), and other utes that can fit a family and be fun.

And Chad made some REALLY cool suggestions too, if any of those might work.

Otherwise, jeez, guys, what a bunch of terrible ideas. Someone says fun, RWD, V8, fits a family, and $5000 or under...and you STILL insist on throwing in a dime a dozen FWD Seville and Eldo? Yeah, a guy here and there find them fun, but come on...

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Hell, the 3.2 in mine is "known" for headgasket issues, but I don't think it's nearly as common as the Northstars.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts