Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my caddy. End of an era.

Now I have a 2003 Silver Honda Accord Coupe EX V6, currently has 120 miles on it, black leather, absolutley loaded. On Friday I got $3760 off a 2003, plus no destination charge, on the 3rd to last day of the month. 2.9% financing and 240 hp should be good to me!

seriously...I'm really sorry I bought a "rice car" I used to rag on them all the time, but I only have one driveway slot and it was time for a change. Don't worry, i won't be puting a spoiler on it, no nothing...just window tints. My preference is American cars but i went with the best fit for now. I test drove a 2003 DTS but didn't want my car depreciating as much. Who can blame me..my 97 SLS was the most incredible car, but the worst investment of my life. DOn't worry, I'll get another Caddy when I have a 3 car garage and am 39. I'm gonna miss my SLS so much though it was the Pimp car of the century.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Congratulations, they are good cars, I :coolgleam especially like the restyle this year. This is wierd because I just posted on your other thread about if you would get the TL or not. After researching the Hondas this year, I found out that the V6 Accord has the rubber timing belt, as opposed to the 4 which is steel, strange eh? I'd prefer steel for low maintanance but you don't have to worry for a long time. :coolgleam

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ralph said:
Congratulations, they are good cars, I :coolgleam especially like the restyle this year. This is wierd because I just posted on your other thread about if you would get the TL or not. After researching the Hondas this year, I found out that the V6 Accord has the rubber timing belt, as opposed to the 4 which is steel, strange eh? I'd prefer steel for low maintanance but you don't have to worry for a long time. :coolgleam
Interesting.

The Acura TL was my first choice. but....whaever. The rear end of the honda looks great. the dual exhaust on the v6 EX's looks just as nice. The Coupes are totally different from the 4 doors too...i would never get a four door.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Good work, you bought the car and took the biggest depreciation hit yourself, and then sold it to someone else who won't take nearly as big a hit as you. Your money you can do whatever you want with it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
:2thumbs: Congratulations! I have friends that own Honda Accords and they wouldn't buy any other! I was reading in Popular Mechanics about the Suzuki Verona EX. Hmm! Sounds like a really nice car. The 01 Impala would have to go though I don't have but 20K on it! I drive my truck a lot and the SLS on weekends. I already had my driveway widened once! It's looking like Wal-mart! Enjoy and don't forget to visit here and let us know how you like your new car.
SlS97

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Trading a SLS for an Accord? That trade is almost as bad as the Red Soxs trading away Babe Ruth. Here they are still suffering from that.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mad'lac said:
Trading a SLS for an Accord? That trade is almost as bad as the Red Soxs trading away Babe Ruth. Here they are still suffering from that.
it wasn't a straight up trade...i have to pay more for the accord. But the Accord had 50 miles one it and the the SLS had 96500...and my payment isn't that much worse. Hmmm...2.9% or 10% financing...its a no brainer. The SLS was a great car, but it didn't give me peace of mind. I don't want a car breaking down or constantly needing repairs...i want a warrantee.

I really wonder what would win in a race...the 240 hp 2 door or the 275 hp SLS. The Honda really throws me back in my seat and I haven't even tried accelerating hard yet.:shhh: :bouncy:

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
it wasn't a straight up trade...i have to pay more for the accord. But the Accord had 50 miles one it and the the SLS had 96500...and my payment isn't that much worse. Hmmm...2.9% or 10% financing...its a no brainer. The SLS was a great car, but it didn't give me peace of mind. I don't want a car breaking down or constantly needing repairs...i want a warrantee.

I really wonder what would win in a race...the 240 hp 2 door or the 275 hp SLS. The Honda really throws me back in my seat and I haven't even tried accelerating hard yet.:shhh: :bouncy:
Accord will win hands down. BTW Accord felt flat on the acceleration, cornering, braking. I drove my friend's fully loaded 03 accord coupe w/navigation, and it was a blast. Overall car feels light and revs quickly. You will hit vtec around 5x00rpm and it will end quickly.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
That's a nice car for the money.. Is it comfortable?
Bucket seat with good support, firm sport suspension, 17" wheels... do they sound comfortable? :D
I think it's a nice little sporty ride but it's no where near our luxury boats.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
No where near as comfortable as a cadillac. To me that is one of the only drawbacks...seat comfort. Furthermore, The suspension is a lot tighter and sensitive to bumps but it will last forever.
You could always get the seats from the Acura CL. They might be a tad bit more comfortable. It's great how east the parts interchange in most Honda cars. I helped my GF's lil brother put in Integra GSR seats in his '97 Civic Hatchback. All 4 seats were simple to install and we used the same bolt holes.
He paid $500 for those seats and now he got leather seats in his Civic. Looks sweet. I was just teasing ya about the Accord. They are nice cars.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mad'lac said:
You could always get the seats from the Acura CL. They might be a tad bit more comfortable. It's great how east the parts interchange in most Honda cars. I helped my GF's lil brother put in Integra GSR seats in his '97 Civic Hatchback. All 4 seats were simple to install and we used the same bolt holes.
He paid $500 for those seats and now he got leather seats in his Civic. Looks sweet. I was just teasing ya about the Accord. They are nice cars.
Early feedback is all positive. The seats are breaking in a little and feeling better. The premium 6 CD front load stereo system and speakers is a huge upgrade...steering wheel controls as usual. And the zip it has between 35 to 80 is true sports car. Plus the rear of the car with dual exhaust is a great design. I'll have pictures in no time because i just bought a digital camera. All I need is window tints ASAP and rims come springtime. There will be no ricing ouy with spoilers and fog lights and body kit...thats not needed, I know I bought a Honda but I didn't go insane.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Well I hope you stick around.... Unfortunate you got rid of the caddy for a little baby car, but if thats what you need then whatever!

I woudlnt be caught in a honda, though.....

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
elwesso said:
I woudlnt be caught in a honda, though.....
This coming from someone who drives a rebadge Datsun :histeric:

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
How much did you have left to pay on 10% financing? How much do you have to pay now on 2.9% financing? Subtract the former from the latter and decide if you really like your Honda that much.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well that's the ONLY honda I would be caught in. I bought the car as both an investment and for a car that can be both efficient and have great performance capabilities. Today I had me and a 400 hundred pound coworker in the front seat and I took it from 30 to 80 and it was awesome. I would describe it as zippy power that really throws you back in your seat. The Caddy was brute power that really threw you back in your seat.

Lets just say that I owed too much on my caddy, there was no way to refinance unless I got a new car, 96,000 miles was reaching the point of no return, and I forsaw some expensive repairs down the road. On the other hand...the EX has the capability of being reliable long after I pay it off...and if I get something else, I will be able to sell it easily.

Elwesso...I'll be sure to stick around...at least til I get to 1000 posts...thats my goal.

I'm still a caddy enthusiast. My problem was that I could only have ONE car. Plus I plan to have another one as soon as it makes sense.

hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Ha! I thought Id stick around until 1000 posts, and look at me now!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts