Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS-V
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to do it. Got into a family hauler lexus gx 460, the new one. It's been a blast. Who ever gets mine gets a winner. It's selling in san diego. The lexus dealership. New stock rims. Everything to notch maintained at local cadillac. Good luck! See ya!

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
So much less hassle trading it here in atlantat guy and wife were murdered when they went to buy a 66 Stang vert. They had mucho cash and the seller. Shot them and hid the bodies. I know the dealer makes a fw bucks but you do avoid the sales tax on the value of the trade,which here's is 7%

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Yeah but you leave a buttload of $ on the table. Dealer will get a full 20 for that car, meaning $4k profit for a $200 detail job IF it needs that.. 7% saving on sales tax of even 20K is only 1400 so you lost 2600 trading in versus selling yourself... NEVER carry cash, specially for large deals and never meet at someones house, meet in public place for anything craigslist/online..

I just went thru this, and ended up selling private because not only did I get more money, but it sold 3hrs after I listed it. It also UNcomplicated me buying a car as I had cash in hand, versus a trade in and the dealer playing the "we just bought one of those" BS games to give you $1k under low blue book trade in for a car that is 30K under avg mileage and spotless with brand new tires... I had 2 of them throw that line at me and walked on both.. They called back a week later to sell me the same sts N8 with 0ver 100K miles on it as nobody else would touch them... Felt good telling them I got 2500 more than they offered and then go cruising by in the V this week laughing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts