Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the solar panel to charge my 2016 Escalade. Same thing that it will turn off the cigarette port which I just found out after ordering. Don't know can it be charge. I don't want to pop the hood every time when driving the car. Just wanted to remove it from dashboard and unplug from cigarette port. Anyone figured out?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,456 Posts
Dead thread in a dead forum ............... Moved to your correct 2016 Escalade forum.

Your service manuals or dealership can tell you if there's a way to move the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) fuses to keep the 12V ports hot 24/7.

My 2002 12V ports work either way - drop out after 10 minutes or hot 24/7.

.......... or you could hardwire the solar panel directly to the battery terminals - the thing should have a reverse current diode protection. Also depends on the theoretical solar panel output compared to the vehicle parasitic draw.

Solar panels are a nice, warm, fuzzy idea but they depend on sunlight (and a tad of UV) to operate - clouds, window tint = greatly reduced solar panel output.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts