Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this over in the Escalade section thought it might be of use over here. Put in your VIN and it shows all of the software upgrades that have been available over the years for you VIN to fix specific issues. The PCM stuff was of the most interesting to me.

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,149 Posts
Good find. Another post worth its weight in gold. Thanks........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I envision using this as more of a tool to fix specific issues with a problem you may be experiencing that may be resolved with a software upgrade. I would not recommend doing them just to be doing them.

For example my 2000 will throw a MAF code maybe once a year.... there is a PCM software update that loosens up the parameters for throwing a nuisance MAF code on my particular VIN. Since I am aware of this I could choose to ignore the occasional nuisance code or get the software updated to resolve this. If I was not aware of this issue I may be spinning my wheels throwing time and parts at something that ain't broke... but just a glitch with the PCM software.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,149 Posts
Enter your VIN in the link and print out the information for your PCM and modules. Keep the info in the glove box for service personnel reference. It's a nice piece of info that you, at home, can do nothing with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts