Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'91 Fleetwood Coupe, '95 SLS
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Cadsters:
Skullman here – I believe this is the Forum I should be posting in about my ’91 Fleetwood Coupe!? Golden Boy slapped some sense in me and I finally found my way. First off, I want to say HEY! Also is there anyone in this Forum with 90’s FWD Fleetwood or Deville Coupes? I’m new to Cads and Coupe’s and have a couple issues to address with mine. I’m Lookin’ to throw some tech questions out there at Ya as well as exchanging what I know or find out. After searching the archives I’m ready to throw the first one out. Is there a procedure to make the CCR system for my year lock in a particular mode ie: Soft, Medium or Firm? The reason behind this is I’m getting codes on the left front and right rear and the CCR system has not locked in any mode. FYI – going over the previous owners records the Struts/Shocks have been replaced numerous times over the years on this rig with all 4 replaced within the last 4 years.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I believe when you start getting the service ride control message, it automatically locks itself into full FIRM mode.......

There's pleanty of people with the FWD fleetwoods..... just dont take any crap from the RWD fleetwood guys!!!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
elwesso said:
..... just dont take any crap from the RWD fleetwood guys!!!
And ignore that pesky Q owner too. :D

·
Registered
'91 Fleetwood Coupe, '95 SLS
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll Take Firm - Thank Ya

Golden Boy/Snipes:
Thanks for the reply. Even though I’m getting codes on two of the struts the CCR is still operating. Since it’s speed and g-force operated I can tell when it is engaged, especially at higher speeds. At lower speeds the system to me seems to be way too soft (mushy) but at speed the ride is adequate and to me more enjoyable. I would like to lock the system in the “Normal” or “Firm” Mode until I acquire a passive suspension system for her. Is there a procedure for this? Katshot? Anyone?

I have found that there is quite a difference in price for an installed passive system. I’m trying to find something more aggressive than the Monroe Sensa-Tracks that most are offering. I would like something more along the line of Bilstiens, Koni’s or KYB’s with a set Progressive springs and install em myself. If anyone has a line on suspension components for ’91 Fleetwood Coupe please let me know! So far my search has been for not.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Re: I'll Take Firm - Thank Ya

KYB seem to be the preferred brand here......

I dont know if there is any way to lock it into full firm mode, but im sure there is.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts