Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,617 Posts
Condolences for your loss Lawfive

I'd love to go, but MORE SOUTH would be great!! :)

It's going to be one heck of a drive going ~100 miles south of LA (from Ventura) then back up again, then back down again...ugh

· Registered
3,617 Posts
VELOSE said:
First, stay strong Jerry. Let us know how we can help you get thru your loss.

Luna, you're trippin. :yup: I might be going down and my drive is going to be 5 hours. So 5 hours there, hangout, and then 5 hours back. What am I thinking?:crybaby:
Anyone for a Tustin meet?? :lildevil:

· Registered
3,617 Posts
lawfive said:
Luna: I've done the back and forth from Ventura to Corona now maybe 300 times since July 2003. It's a piece of cake. 126 to 5, to 210, to 71 (a few signals on the 71, but then it opens up). The total is two hours or less, even in morning rush hour traffic. No sweat on the weekends (although on the weekends other routes may be wide-open, too). If they do a Tustin meet then it's 126 - 5 - 210 - 71 - 91 east - 241 toll road. Bonus: large parts of I-5, I-210, and the toll road are pretty much 80 MPH+ free zones in the fast lane.

Where in Ventura do you live, and what color car? You may be the black V I've seen occasionally on the 126, or maybe the black one I saw once in a housing tract east of Kimball and south of Telephone...? I used to live on Phoenix, right across the street from there.
LOL--no. I will be driving from Oxnard (Bobwhat--you and I are probably neighbors...:)..PM me when you get the chance) to (near) San Diego (on Friday), then back North! As such, my motivation was to not drive nearly all the way back up (to LA), then back down again. Based on what you just said, I think I'm not clear on where we are meeting. Corona would work much better. :banana:

I have a Stealth Gray V, so I don't think I'm the V that you see driving around up here. Bobwhat perhaps?

Unrelated note--when on EARTH will LA county pull their head out of their collective a$$es and fix the 71? ARGH!! It is SO NICE once you get to ~ the 60, but hell on wheels from Holt to there...

· Registered
3,617 Posts
McCormick's is okay (this is pretty much a sports bar); better than Hooters imho. Good food, parking, lots of beer if you are into that sort of thing...

· Registered
3,617 Posts
I'm game and I will pretty much go anywhere.

The farther south, the more helpful it is to me, as I will be having my butt parked in the driver's seat A LOT from Thursday to Saturday, but anywhere is fine with me.

FYI--Irvine Spectrum is ~20 miles from here in case options are being explored.

· Registered
3,617 Posts
Was fun--next time I won't be so damn late (ugh to traffic...).

Was great meeting everyone. I enjoy seeing what mods other people have on their cars.

And Barak--let the trash talking begin--you're MINE in the go-cart race next time!!! :D

· Registered
3,617 Posts
Barak said:
I'm really looking forward to handing Luna his ass at the go kart track at the next meet. Here's a picture of Luna after I smoke him --->:crying2: :brutal:<-------- And here's a picture of me putting him out of his misery. Hey, after I euthanize you, do you think I can have your blower? Maybe some guac too to go with it. Better get started on that will.:histeric:
LMAO!!

Bring it on!!

· Registered
3,617 Posts
VELOSE said:
It's good to hear you guys had a good time. I think I'm going to make it in January for the next meet. I want to see Barak and Luna go at it on the track. :D
Pfft--you come down, you're getting on the course to!! :)

VELOSE said:
By the way, who is that in the video walking by slowly behind the cars? He really looks like he was imitating that Bigfoot sighting on video. :D
:histeric:

And people think that Bigfoot is only a rumor...

· Registered
3,617 Posts
VelieVer ttt said:
I also had a great time meeting everyone and learning about mods.

Almost have the wife talked into an exhaust system for her car!

Looking forward to kart racing.
You are not set up to receive PMs. Might you have an email address?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.