Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so... great, we see the new STS... its pretty sweet; but whats goin on with the DeVille aka DTS/DHS? Any pics? Ideas?

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
I dont think any major concept has been introduced yet, since the DTS is not scheduled for an update til about 2007/8. Cadillac is really careful about messing with their bread and butter large sedan.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Remember that the Deville was redesigned not that long ago(at least by Cadillac standards). I agree that we won't see anything go into production for it until 2007, although I read somewhere that Cadillac may give us a look at it in concept form next year.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
facelift due in 1-2 years followed by complete redesign and nameplate change to DTS in 07

we will see a new esclade before a new deville (new suburban caught testing last month @ gm proving grounds ) which by the way is absolutely hideous (bloated trailblazer ext)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can't wait for the updates in styling and eventually the complete redesign. Though the Deville is attractive and luxurious, I feel it has already fallen behind in style, at least by Cadillac standards. I wish they would ditch the facelift and just completely redesign it for 06. I'll keep my eyes peeled for concepts.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indeed has the look of the big deville fallen behind, maybe if Cadillac gets something through their mind ... they might redesign it ahead of time because it will basically be the odd one out.

(BTW: This is my 99th post... my next post will be 100th (party down!)

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
This is where Cadillac sucks..... all the classic names DeVille/Seville/Eldorado/Fleetwood even La Salle..... all gone! gone for this random 3 letter stuff.... I think it is part of their "lets change names to sound hip" but I think they should just keep the names.... I mean, the DeVille.... c'mon Cadillac and DeVille go together soo much (just like the Eldorado) and for it to just be called the DTS..... nah..... why can't they keep the names......ah.......

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
"(BTW: This is my 99th post... my next post will be 100th (party down!)"...
All at the ripe old age of 1. lol...

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
the name thing has a purpose tho , in order to give caddy the image they need to go against lexus, infiniti bmw and mercedes they needed to do some name plate changes too . im not gonna argue with what they are doing ,they are selling more vehicles and have had there best sales year since 1990 , the formula is working , but even insiders at caddy know the name plate stuff is debateable and is why they are sticking with "deville" for a few more years , caddy knows that there most loyal and stubborn customer base needs a nameplate . whats happens when it goes to DTS is anyones guess .........

short 3 letter nameplates are how they keep the very short attention span of wealthy gen x customers that dont want to try to pronuce a french name , these are the same people whom call a cadillac a " lac "

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
HEEEY!! I call Cadillacs 'lacs on occasion and not for lack of attention span!! :p

Anywho, agree with the above, you must remember that Cadillac is going elbows and a*sholes forward with their world class vehicle stance, and this includes lining up nameplates with the big competitors. At LEAST they are not going to numbering schemes! DTS STILL means Deville Touring Sedan!

Honestly though people are already somewhat confused by the fact that there is a Deville base with an actual Deville badge, and seeing the same car driving down the road with DTS and DHS badges instead.

This is my 199th post! Yay! (sorry couldnt resist Jeffrey :) )

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
why are many of you sayin it needs a redisgn right now? once it looks like the other cadillacs all of the line will just looks the same. same shape, same style. i really like the current DTS, there is no need for a change right now.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
caddyman , i agree , the DTS is one of the best looking cars out there , im afriad of what they will do to it for the reskin and im scared to death of what the ground up redesign will look like , but to sell em you gotta keep em fresh

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Caddy Man said:
why are many of you sayin it needs a redisgn right now? once it looks like the other cadillacs all of the line will just looks the same. same shape, same style. i really like the current DTS, there is no need for a change right now.
I agree with you too Caddy Man, I dont think it needs to be redesigned, Im just saying Caddy is trying to revitalize themselves and stay fresh like Stone' said. The current one is very classy.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Playdrv4me said:
I agree with you too Caddy Man, I dont think it needs to be redesigned, Im just saying Caddy is trying to revitalize themselves and stay fresh like Stone' said. The current one is very classy.
yah i mean i wouldnt mind a redesign for when they have it scheduled, i think its 2007? but for right now i think its a beautiful car. everytime i see it on the road it catches my eye...and i drive one!! lol in my opinion, the first DTS was a steppin stone into cadillacs new image. i have always been a fan of classic 50s, 60s, 70s, cadillacs, but i wasnt feelin any of the late 90s designs until they introducded the DTS. i know it dosnt have the current, ''art and science'' deisgn theme the other cadillacs have, but to me it kinda stared the new image.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
Caddy Man