Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BMW M3 starts at 62k. Reality is that getting one under 70 well equipped is not going to happen. So, do you think the ATS-V should reasonably be priced equal to it's natural German Rival?

My read is that Cadillac can put out a well nice cts-v sport for 60k. I fail to see why this car should be 10k more similarly optioned. 62-65 for a nicely set up (NOT lavish) car.

What do you expect?

What would be fair?

What is the most you would be willing to spend?

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
Logically, I think Cadillac deserves to charge equal for an equal or better car.

Unfortunately, the buying public is not logical, and I think the "crest premium" is going to have to be less than the "roundel premium" in order to move them.

You bring up an interesting point. Where to fit it in relation to the Vsport? Will the buying public pay the same or more for a smaller car with essentially the same engine?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bet GM product planners are asking this same question. Perhaps the reason why we haven't heard anything on pricing, several months after the car's introduction, is because there is a battle raging behind closed doors in Detroit about where to price this car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts