Cadillac Owners Forum banner

461 - 480 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Pinhauler... you would think so.. but according to ELCO, "misfires" dont' always trigger the MIL. There are parameters that must be met before they will. and my situation, is not a situation to do that.

Glake... I don't think so... it shifts pretty much like it always has... and it has always been so jumpy in cruise with the shifting, that I often put it in M5 on long road trips to avoid the revving. I even reported this when I first bought the car a couple of times (see my thread) and ELCO told me the car performs as engineered. If I leave it like that, the car just stutters randomly, like a bad sparkplug wire, until I either slow down, or let it shift down.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
460 Posts
Professor - We had a 07' CTS with the 2.8 engine. For around 20,000mi it would stumble on a light load up a hill. I figured it was fuel related and fuel injector cleaner did make it run better for a while. Not perfect just better. Especially since that engine is DI at the valves. I figured a little carbon buildup maybe. Didn't know for sure. But, it suddenly started with a code on the check engine light on a cylinder. I went to Advance auto they told me the cylinder and I bought a coil pack (single coils on it) and a plug. Changed them both and it was like night and day better after that. The whole time is was a misfire but was out of the parameters for misfire detection. Once it made it out then I was able to finally fix it. And it ran much better after that.

Steve

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac SRX 3.6 RWD
128 Posts
Current issues: 2005 Cadillac SRX 3.6 113k

Driver side catalytic converter needs replaced is throwing a CEL ( I see alot of us have already done this in the SRX & CTS forums.

Driver side blend door actuator needs replaced I only get cold air currently from driver side vents

My tailgate no longer opens due to the ******* who installed my back up camera so I need to troubleshoot that.

Front driver side susp makes noise could be time for new sway bar links and bushings.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
Steven5215: Your result, is what I am hoping for... Waiting for the dealer to give me a bid for the work.

DFWSRX: Not too bad for an 05'... an all sound fixable, but annoying.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,020 Posts
My tailgate no longer opens due to the ******* who installed my back up camera so I need to troubleshoot that.
"No longer opens" meaning it is locked and you cant unlock it? or did the 05 have a power lift gate and that doesn't work?

My guess is it may not have had anything to do with your backup camera but this:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum.../996986-multiple-rear-hatch-issues-fixed.html

If the hatch is locked and will not unlock you're going to have to pry into it from the inside. There is a screw holding the interior trim panel in place where you have the pulldown handle to close the door, the rest is all clips. once you're able to get access to the back side of the hatch latch you should be able to manually unlock it and open the door and then you can access the likely cause of the issue.
(note there are bundles of wires on both sides of the hatch.)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
All this talk about the back door, reminds me that my Rear Washing Fluid hasn't worked in quite some time.

I keep thinking I need to blow out the line, but I never get around to it.

does anyone else's rear washer line quit working, and what did you do to fix it?

Oh.. and Humpty goes bac into the ELCO Hospital for Plug And Coil Replacement surgery on Monday. The estimate is $805.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
All this talk about the back door, reminds me that my Rear Washing Fluid hasn't worked in quite some time.
I keep thinking I need to blow out the line, but I never get around to it.
does anyone else's rear washer line quit working, and what did you do to fix it?
You aren't alone ... see that fuel line hose in my photo above? that is the washer fluid line, it was cut nearly completely in half by the open/close of the hatch over the years.
replaced it with a chunk of a $2 hose from the local part store, make sure you get at least a 6.35mm ID line to replace it with, 6.4mm worked fine for me which was also reinforced like original one was. however note that if the hose is not routed correctly or too long you'll likely kink the line when the hatch is closed and you won't have any fluid again.
In order to test this while the hatch is open you need to use something to close the latch to make the car think the hatch is closed and then you can test spray it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
OK.. Update... ELCO Replaced the remaining Coil Packs and Plugs... NOW she is running as she should... MPG increased to 21mpg... She has never gotten that before. Running smoother then she has in years... Makes me wonder if there wasn't something amiss in the coil packs for quite some time.

So... Total was $800.26 on this round... add in the replacement of #4 at $283, and I am at a grand total of $1,083.26 to get ride of the stutter and get my power back.

I am at 138,600 miles.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #470
I can only wish Ludacrisvp... but realistically, it would be around $6,500 to swap engines... so I'll keep the 6er going for a while! :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
SHE IS GONE!

Yup... I parted with my darling troublesome Humpty last night... She pissed me of that one last time a few weeks ago... Got water in the Storage Bin again... Rear Washer wouldn't squirt... More cracks in the plastic trip at the top of the windshield, and she started strongly showing the signs of needing the Timing Chain replaced yet again tossing codes. She also suddenly started using a quart of oil a month.

So... I traded her in on a new Ford F-150 Lariat with all the trimmings. (With a whole lot more tech options then my SRX had!)

So... that's it... I picked her up in April of 09... and dumped her in April of 18... 9 years we were together! :)

Oh... yea... I got $4000 for her on trade.

I'll still check in.. but I am thinking this is the end of my rant thread...

Grand Total: She was to the shop exactly 100 times, With multiple things fixed in some of those visits.

Now.. she will be someone els's problem! (Unless they look at her CarFAX and wonder about all those shop visits.

Goodbye Humpty... you will be missed.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Oh... yea... I got $4000 for her on trade.
Thats an amazing amount for trade value i think, but then again they probably didn't know about her issues ;)
Ford must have really wanted you to buy it.

Sorry to see you go, while I'm sure you'll check in from time to time, I'm going to bet you'll find a F150 forum to eat up most of your time instead after a short while. (typically happens)

Rear washer I'm sure was the flexible fuel line hose wore out in the hatch hinge like on mine (posted some images on how to fix back in september).

I can't believe you basically had it in the shop once a month since owning it, I'm not sure I'd've dealt with it as long as you were willing to put up with it.
Then again I'd bet that at least a few years worth of shop visits fell under factory warranty.
I really hate how badly GM screwed the owners of this 3.6L engine.

I feel like you probably could have sold the sport bumpers / grille and wheels for probably almost as much as your trade was, you may have been able to make some more back if you wanted to deal with swapping with someone else's non-sport white diamond (or whatever they call it). and then trading it in as a non-sport.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
Hi Ludacrisvp...

Thanks for the comments... Yea, I'll probably find a fun F-150 place to hang... but while a cool truck, it somehow, is not as "special" as my SRX was, so I am sure the experience will not be near the same as being in here.

Plastic... OK... if you have a sunroof... there is a shiny black piece of plastic at the top of the windshield that spans the 4" gap between the top of the windshield and the leading edge of the sunroof, an matches the width of the sunroof... Mine has broken off, and was replaced several times... It always starts out as a crack, which shortly then becomes a break if the wind gets a hold of it. Quite annoying. I have no photos. But everyone with a sunroof, has one.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Thanks for the info.
I guess I expected it would be metal. No issues with this on the 04 with nearly 200k on it. (Knock on wood)
Also haven't seen issues with that on the 06 my parents have.
But will keep an eye out.

Yeah I'm sure it'll be hard to consider the F150 in that special category like the caddy.

·
Registered
'07 Luxury Sport AWD,'05 Town Car,1965 Hardtop Deville(gone)
48 Posts
Hi Professor: Sorry to see you leaving. You did make some of the rest of us feel good. I mean the ones with the trouble free trucks. Not me. Good luck with the Ford.

'Four grand on a new Lariet that was priced somewhere north of seventy grand back in 2006 is peanuts. Humpty is going straight to auction, I imagine.'

Martin.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well my 05 3.6 RWD 124k SRX is far from new too me but still plenty of problems to fix and sort as usual with these esp with the 3.6 engine.

My driver side catalytic converter and 02 sensor needs replaced..(Ordered fro rock auto today)

Also replacing my front sway bar end links and bushings with new MOOG componets.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #478
Thanks Smperkin... Yea... I hated seeing Humpy go for 4k... she was $52,170 on her sticker back in 09! But, I am sure, had they pulled a carfax, they would have either offered less, or told me to keep it.

DFWSRX... hang in there man... Humpty was showing all signs of needing Timing Chains again... That was a $3000 hit in a shop. Glad to see yous till love your SRX.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks Smperkin... Yea... I hated seeing Humpy go for 4k... she was $52,170 on her sticker back in 09! But, I am sure, had they pulled a carfax, they would have either offered less, or told me to keep it.

DFWSRX... hang in there man... Humpty was showing all signs of needing Timing Chains again... That was a $3000 hit in a shop. Glad to see yous till love your SRX.
I don't know if LOVE is the term :banghead: :D

More like I cant sell if for any money worth wild might as well fix it and keep driving it until the wheels fall off Most I could get for the REX is $3k-$4k at best.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2007 SRX
95 Posts
My new SRX has been fun :) It's a 2007 V6 AWD with all the premium goodies, 130k miles, and a recently replaced engine with 50k on it. Interior in pretty nice shape. Not a spot of rust on the body, and not much on the underside. I picked it up on July 3rd for $2200. What (was) wrong with it ?

Brake pedal went right to the floor
Brake calipers all had the bleeders twisted off, pads and rotors just rust piles.
Fluid leak between the master cylinder and booster.
Noisy front wheel bearings.
DIC messages 'Service Stability System', 'Service ABS', 'Service Tire Pressure Monitoring System', check engine light
Remote fobs didn't work.
Tires shot.
Power steering fluid leak
Third row seat stuck in the down position, switches did nothing.

Today marks two weeks of ownership, and I have everything but the power steering leak and one bad tire pressure sensor straightened out. Granted I probably have $4000 into it by now, but it's now troublefree and drives beautifully again. Hopefully she'll make a nice winter beater, and take the Motor City potholes and salt slush spray hits, so my first gen CTS-V doesn't have to do winter duty anymore. I figure if it has another 100k left in it, I'm not in bad shape.

461 - 480 of 480 Posts