Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I give this ricer a go. I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L stock, according to his claims he got somethin under the hood and says I will be eating diapers after he whoops my butt haha.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,880 Posts
As long as you take it to the track, then by all means kick his ass. Other wise if you talk about street racing, consider this thread to be closed.

KOT

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Hows the interior of the car look? Is there seats, lining, etc? Thats normally the dead giveaway whether its got something serious in it, or its just a regular civic, riced out.

Run 'em best out of 3 in a quarter mile drag. Within that time, he's bound to break down once. LMAO I've seen it at E-town like clockwork.

·
Registered
07 CTS 3.6L Wheel Performance
180 Posts
I ran low 14s in a 4 cylinder(stock supercharger) and heat soaked my way down to 15s by the end of the night. I haven't tracked the CTS car yet, but I was told to look for low-mid 15s. If he's boosted you're probably toast, or he could just be another guy with a Canadian Tire fart cannon that thinks it's good for +200 whp(bringing him to 230 or so) and heard "power-to-weight ratio" in a movie once.

Fast, reliable, cheap. Choose two, I'd assume he's fast and cheap as most of them are. I made the same mistake a few times.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
LOL. EGs don't come stock boosted, so its either got work to it, or it doesn't. There really isn't an in between with those kinds of cars.

Most of the time, fast cars aren't reliable or cheap.

@Jeremy, it'll be mid to high 14s in a 3.6 as long as the cars running in good shape with decent tires.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Yeah, more likely seeing high 14s. I ran 15.1 first time on the track, and then after a bit of practice, I was in the 14.9, 14.8 section. This is on a 3.2 though.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I was racing 300 miles from home and did not want to break my only way to get there

the difference between a roll and a dig is about a half second

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
14.5 in a V? Sorry Jim, but I've run 14.9s in a small 3.2. I'm sure the V does much better, especially on a roll. V should be running 13s at least. New Vs run 12s automatic. I think SvB has run 14.6s in the 3.6

You were definitely taking it easy there. LOL

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I was taking it very easy. I was 6 hours from home on almost bald rear tires.

my personal best was 13.5. that was bone stock, on all season tires. If you could launch a V1 (which you CANNOT) it would be a high 12 sec car stock. you just can't get the car off the line. A V2 has 150 hp more. And it can dig in.

V1 was not a drag racer. But on an autocross or road course, it can embarrass cars that are lighter, more powerful, and far more expensive, or all three.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
I'd agree with that. 13.5 is more like it. All the first gen have bad wheel hop, even us V6 guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts