Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally broke down and took the V to the caddy dealer. It's had a small oil leak for some time and needed an engine mount. Oh well, warranty means $100 deductible.

I get a call from my service guy telling me what needs to be done. He says I need both valve cover gaskets, front cover gasket, and some other gasket. I don't doubt it, it is a N*. Says would normally cost +$5,000 without warranty. So I get a loaner.

I got a 2015 Cadillac ATS and I don't like it. It's brand new and mine to keep as long as my car is in the shop. It has so many nanny systems it drives me crazy. It tells me when I'm in a lane, when I leave a lane and beeps every time I got over sixty telling me "speed limit exceeded". It tells me this in the freeway. Constantly. How do people drive these new Cadillacs? I've never felt more like a passanger in a car my whole life.

Tl;Dr I took my car in and I miss it dearly.

·
Registered
STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED
680 Posts
Re: so the V is on the shop...

So I finally broke down and took the V to the caddy dealer. It's had a small oil leak for some time and needed an engine mount. Oh well, warranty means $100 deductible.

I get a call from my service guy telling me what needs to be done. He says I need both valve cover gaskets, front cover gasket, and some other gasket. I don't doubt it, it is a N*. Says would normally cost +$5,000 without warranty. So I get a loaner.

I got a 2015 Cadillac ATS and I don't like it. It's brand new and mine to keep as long as my car is in the shop. It has so many nanny systems it drives me crazy. It tells me when I'm in a lane, when I leave a lane and beeps every time I got over sixty telling me "speed limit exceeded". It tells me this in the freeway. Constantly. How do people drive these new Cadillacs? I've never felt more like a passanger in a car my whole life.

Those features are on our car as well; just turn them off.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V
320 Posts
You should be happy. Had my car in the shop all week for rear bearings, both oxygen sensors, and a loose tie rod. All I ever manage to get as a loaner is a Buick Lacrosse.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
193 Posts

Congratulations. Your warranty just paid off. Have them check the timing chain and tensioners while they are in there. Once the front cover is off, it should be easy.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts

Does this guy really think his V has a North*?

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,654 Posts

2006 STS-V is powered by a supercharged 4.4L N* LC3. (2006 XLR-V used a supercharged N* as well.)

Gen 1 CTS-V during that period did not use the N*.

CCC

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V
320 Posts
2006 STS-V is powered by a supercharged 4.4L N* LC3. (2006 XLR-V used a supercharged N* as well.)

Gen 1 CTS-V during that period did not use the N*.

CCC
Amen.

----------

Congratulations. Your warranty just paid off. Have them check the timing chain and tensioners while they are in there. Once the front cover is off, it should be easy.
Is this necessary? Are these parts known to wear or break? I am only asking because I had my front cover leak fixed at the dealer a few months ago.

·
Registered
08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon
1,611 Posts

Just look up how too turn it all off nota big deal. My08 Stsv has all of them as well I just have the turned off.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,654 Posts

"lol! Has this guy wondered into the wrong forum?"

No, but he might have wandered into it.

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,716 Posts

My V also has a Northstar.

And I had to have the front cover of mine replaced.

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
My V also has a Northstar.

And I had to have the front cover of mine replaced.
So how many guys on here don't know what kind of motor is in their car?
Who buys a rare high performance and knows kothing about it???
If your that clueless about cars then you have no business driving one of these....

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,716 Posts
Maybe before you pop off smart ass comments you should recognize sarcasm!

Yes I know what my car has. Thank you.

So how many guys on here don't know what kind of motor is in their car?
Who buys a rare high performance and knows kothing about it???
If your that clueless about cars then you have no business driving one of these....
----------

Also it's you're, not your.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts