Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave out the kudos too soon.

Yes, they fixed the Side Radar problem..

And only introduced 2 new ones.

They obviously had to crawl in the trunk to fix the first problem.
So they left the cargo net up I would guess. That would have been the dumbest thing to do.
And pulled out one of the "hooks". Just stripped the sucker out.
And left the net hanging there with the hook attached.

Then they left the trunk with the cargo protector down first followed by the form fitted carpet.....which of course can't fit if it is on the top. Looks like they just tossed them in.

And while they were at it, they apparently messed with the TPMS.
Noticed a light just above the Full mark of the gas tank as I brought the car home.
Well, I was a little low on gas, so I thought it was an early "low Gas" light.

Filled it up today. Light didn't go out.
Looked it up in Owners manual.
Low Tire..
Hey no problem! Now that I think about it, it does look like a section of tire with an exclamation point in it. My tires ALL have exclamation points!
Perhaps I would have chosen a picture of a tire.........or maybe, since I believe in the KISS principle.....I would have used TIRE LOW or some sort of silliness like that......

Checked the TPMS......cold air pressure .........2 @29 2 @30........ THAT shouldn't be.
Alarms shouldn't come on when tires are 1 pound low.
Checked with my pencil gauge. Same reading.
I'll bet they disconnected something from the BCM while they were in there.

So, we go back down to the dealership (What the hell, it's on the way to nowhere and it's 15 miles......)

And we are going to have the aforementioned meeting.

It seems they always want "outstanding" Surveys, while they deliver mediocre, or worse, service.

Now at the current rate of two new ones for one old one.......I should come out of there with four problems the next time.
Of course I will check it a bit closer next time when I pick it up, but why do I think THEY should check it out before they call it finished?
Could it be that's what "I" did for 40 years in the electronics and computer business?

I'm in my "never buy another Cadillac" mood again.
I should have stayed in that mood when the entire Cadillac company wouldn't, or couldn't, fix my $45,000 2008 CTS.

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
999 Posts
Southern, sorry to hear of your mis-adventure to your dealer's Service Department. I hope they get things straightened out, and improve the Service they deliver.

I will tell you that I have had two Cadillacs at my residence in Fort Lauderdale, and neither of two Cadillac dealers there has provided "outstanding" service, after buying a new Cadillac from each one of them. However, my Cadillac dealer in Pittsburgh has been great, throughout servicing several new Cadillacs! I guess when GM announced it will be closing 42 percent of its dealerships today, we can hope they will be the worst ones. One dealer I heard quoted said that announcement did not upset him, as "the better dealerships were the nucleus of GM," and many others in the dealer network have hurt GM in the consumer's eyes.

When they're operating as intended, nothing beats the feel of driving a Caddy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Southern,

Sorry to hear all that.
Hope they get it all fixed for you...RIGHT ...this time.

Texas Jim

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
Won't comment on the carelessness of the mechanics relative to the cargo net, but the TPMS problem is probably a result of the fiddling with the car's electrical system when replacing the radar sensor. I had the dash TPMS warning light appear for no reason after leaving the car in an airport parking garage for a week. The dealer did a reboot of one of the computers and that took care of it.

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, they did it the right way.
They fell on their swords and accepted my criticism gracefully.
Turns out that the Mechanic did get in thetrunk and did get his feet tangled in the net and did pull the Retainer out. But he thought that just plugging the retainer back in, would fix it. Obviously not. New Retainer installed. They did say that these retainers do come out a lot.
He also just threw the Mats back into the trunk because that is what they always do, and then the valet makes everything nice. Ptroblem.....3 Valets laid off.

Work order states: "Reprogrammed RCDLR and reset Monitors."

Everything OK so far.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Well, they did it the right way.
They fell on their swords and accepted my criticism gracefully.
Turns out that the Mechanic did get in thetrunk and did get his feet tangled in the net and did pull the Retainer out. But he thought that just plugging the retainer back in, would fix it. Obviously not. New Retainer installed. They did say that these retainers do come out a lot.
He also just threw the Mats back into the trunk because that is what they always do, and then the valet makes everything nice. Ptroblem.....3 Valets laid off.

Work order states: "Reprogrammed RCDLR and reset Monitors."

Everything OK so far.

Glad it is all fixed. :cloud9: :cloud9:

Texas Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts