Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SRX 3.6L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife had the CTS at her work one day last week. She's a medical assistant for a couple of doctors. She's getting into the car in the parking lot and one of her docs walks buy and sees her.
With a strong middle-easter accent, "What kind of car is that?"
"It's a Caddilac CTS."
"Ooooh! That's nice! I might have to get me one of those."

He's driving a Mercedes E-Class right now.

Saturday we were at Target and ran into my best friend's wife and his 13 year-old daughter. My friend came over the next day and was telling me about how the daughter saw us getting into the Caddy and said that's the car she wants when she turns 16.

:cool2:

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
My wife had the CTS at her work one day last week. She's a medical assistant for a couple of doctors. She's getting into the car in the parking lot and one of her docs walks buy and sees her.
"It's a Caddilac CTS."

Saturday we were at Target and ran into my best friend's wife and his 13 year-old daughter. My friend came over the next day and was telling me about how the daughter saw us getting into the Caddy and said that's the car she wants when she turns 16.

:thepan::alchi::shhh:
you Sir, have wasted my time and the time of my associates

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
LOL @ Chico. :lol:

·
Registered
2006 CTS Luxury
93 Posts
"It's a Caddilac CTS."

Lol no time wasted here i enjoyed this post 8)

Anyways glad to hear u got some fans but lets hope we keep the cts owners to a minimum dont want every one out there with one now would we?

Ive had like every one in my neighborhood comment on my cts its an amazing car.

And that 13 year old girl is a bit young to be thinking about a car especially a cts. Took me 2 years of waiting with my temp licesense to get my car got it once i was 18 for like 6-9 months. At least shes got good taste :highfive:

·
Registered
2006 SRX 3.6L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And that 13 year old girl is a bit young to be thinking about a car especially a cts. Took me 2 years of waiting with my temp licesense to get my car got it once i was 18 for like 6-9 months. At least shes got good taste :highfive:
Her dad's a car guy. He has a gorgeous Porsche 968 convertible. She's got no choice but to be interested in cars. It gives her plenty of times to weigh her options. :cool2:

·
Registered
Cadillac
630 Posts
so let me get this straight,
you think that some guy making conversation with your wife, and a friend telling you that his daughters first car is going to be the same car as the best car you own now are complements?
I think those are both slaps in the face.

·
Registered
2006 CTS Luxury
93 Posts
you think that some guy making conversation with your wife, and a friend telling you that his daughters first car is going to be the same car as the best car you own now are complements?
How is that a slap in the face in any way? In my entire life i have yet to have a person come up to any one near me and go... "Wow i love your car i think thats gonna be my next car." Some one being envious of your car no matter the car should be considered a compliment especially a cadillac. (if they arent being sarcastic of course)

·
Registered
2006 SRX 3.6L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is that a slap in the face in any way? In my entire life i have yet to have a person come up to any one near me and go... "Wow i love your car i think thats gonna be my next car." Some one being envious of your car no matter the car should be considered a compliment especially a cadillac. (if they arent being sarcastic of course)
That's what I'm saying. You have a doctor who is currently driving a Mercedes saying that he may have to make his next car a Cadillac. I know a lot of people that would view going from a Mercedes to a Cadillac as a step down.

Then, you have a teenager interested in a Cadillac. Most younger people hear "Cadillac" and think "old fart's car." But this is a teenage girl thinking, "Hey, I would look good in that."

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS
299 Posts
:thepan::alchi::shhh:
you Sir, have wasted my time and the time of my associates
you have wasted mine by replying, good job genius :thumbsup:

Read my comment above an then think hard about what your "best" car is, jackass :thepan:

i love when i get comments about my car, glad you got the comments you did

·
Registered
Cadillac
630 Posts
I enjoy compliments on my car like anyone else.
I just dont think its that great of compliment from a friend telling you that their kids first car is going to be a car just like yours. First cars are beaters.
and the doctor was obviously making conversations with your wife, cause mercedes e class and this car are no where near each other in every department.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L
59 Posts
He's jealous that his car doesn't get complimented =D..

Good for you 1badgmc =D

·
Registered
2006 CTS Luxury
93 Posts
Yeah some mercedes owners would consider a caddy a step down, but then again the opposite is true too. You should have seen my friends old mercedes.
But yeah ur right about the first car being a beat up car, but then again how many new drivers get the car that they really want anyways? And i dont know about you but here in LA all the ladies love cadillacs. It used to be known as an old persons car.

·
Registered
2006 SRX 3.6L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I enjoy compliments on my car like anyone else.
I just dont think its that great of compliment from a friend telling you that their kids first car is going to be a car just like yours. First cars are beaters.
My first car was no beater. Sure it was paid for before I was even born, but it was far from a beater. And I know plenty of kids from when I was in school and today whose first cars were and are far from beaters. :cookoo:

...and the doctor was obviously making conversations with your wife,...
Ummm...ok? This doc and my wife don't exactly see eye-to-eye. He's not going to start a conversation with her unless he really has something to say.

...cause mercedes e class and this car are no where near each other in every department.
No kidding!? Wow!! I am SOOOO grateful of your vast intelligence and ability to enlighten me to things I would have never known! :cookoo:

The CTS is actually the Cadillac counterpart to the E-Class. They are both considered midsize luxury sedans and thus are competitors. Sure a comparable E-Class may outperform and be more refined than a comparable CTS, but of all the E-Classes I've driven (and I've driven more than my fair share), I've yet to drive one that I would rather have over my CTS.

But, whatever. Your intelligence is obviously infinitely superior to mine. So what do I know?

·
Registered
2006 SRX 3.6L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah some mercedes owners would consider a caddy a step down, but then again the opposite is true too. You should have seen my friends old mercedes.
Well, this is a doctor we're talking about here. His is a nice car. It's not like he's driving an old, worn out beater of a Mercedes.

But yeah ur right about the first car being a beat up car, but then again how many new drivers get the car that they really want anyways?
Around here, A LOT!

And i dont know about you but here in LA all the ladies love cadillacs. It used to be known as an old persons car.
Nah. We've still got the "old fart's Caddy" stigma in full-force here, at least when they hear the word Cadillac. Now, when they actually see the CTS, their opinion usually changes.

·
Registered
2006 CTS Luxury
93 Posts
Ah well then thats where we differ.

Me and all the ppl here in LA have been seeing cts/sts's everywhere. Ever since they first came out theres been one parked 4-5 blocks from here.

And back when i was driving my grandmas 99 sts, i would still get the ocasional, "OOooo you have a cadillac?" lol just saying that makes me miss that old car. I mean yes it was granny gold with the side skirts ducktaped on but that thing could still beat 5 series beamers lol :want:

Where do u live where people get their first choice car? I was so happy to actually get a cts. I was like id love one of those but i cant afford that. And then wound up getting it. But ive only met like maybe 5 ppl who got the car they wanted, some one got their scion some one got a nice used bmw, and i dont remember the others. But usually the case is, oooo i want an audi, cadillac, scion, and then wind up with some toyota or mitsubishi car. Back before i owned a car my entire mentality was, im not gonna get the car i want, but at least im gonna get a car 8)

·
Registered
2006 SRX 3.6L
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah well then thats where we differ.

Me and all the ppl here in LA have been seeing cts/sts's everywhere. Ever since they first came out theres been one parked 4-5 blocks from here.

And back when i was driving my grandmas 99 sts, i would still get the ocasional, "OOooo you have a cadillac?" lol just saying that makes me miss that old car. I mean yes it was granny gold with the side skirts ducktaped on but that thing could still beat 5 series beamers lol :want:
I have an '02 SLS. I'm trying to get rid of it. I mean, it's a nice car for sure. I LOVE the power, if it weren't for the torque steer. But when it comes time to go around a corner, that car is awful!! I got less body roll in my old Yukon.

Where do u live where people get their first choice car? I was so happy to actually get a cts. I was like id love one of those but i cant afford that. And then wound up getting it. But ive only met like maybe 5 ppl who got the car they wanted, some one got their scion some one got a nice used bmw, and i dont remember the others. But usually the case is, oooo i want an audi, cadillac, scion, and then wind up with some toyota or mitsubishi car. Back before i owned a car my entire mentality was, im not gonna get the car i want, but at least im gonna get a car 8)
I live in a small city in North Texas. It's not a rich place and I'm not saying it's the rule, but there are a TON of spoiled kids in this town driving lots of nice cars. Hell, when I was in HS one of my friends got a brand new GMC Typhoon. A $30,000 ride for a 17 year old in '92.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
CTS is a unique looking car (save the STS) and whether you love it or hate it, it does grab your attention. And it's not exactly a rare car, but it's not really a common car either. I think that is why folks get a lot of comments on this car.
To be honest, I am not a great fan of the styling, but it has grown on me alot. But styling ranks pretty low for me with car buying decisions. The sport sedan dynamics and chassis feedback is what got me, as well the horrible resale value :lol: $23k for a 2yo car that was $43k brand new.

·
Registered
Cadillac
630 Posts
The CTS is actually the Cadillac counterpart to the E-Class. They are both considered midsize luxury sedans and thus are competitors. Sure a comparable E-Class may outperform and be more refined than a comparable CTS, but of all the E-Classes I've driven (and I've driven more than my fair share), I've yet to drive one that I would rather have over my CTS.
You are think of the C-class.

·
Registered
2006 CTS Luxury
93 Posts
damn sounds like u get to see all the likes of cars too 8)

Talking about cars that suck at taking turns, umm can u say sts much? lol

How are the newers ones anyways? Less boaty i bet, but how much has it improved over the 99?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts