Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. I've been a member here for awhile, reading threads and taking notes. I drive a 2006 cts 3.6, Had for about 3 years now, driven all over this gulf coast region. I get oil changes, filters changed and tires... And that's about it honestly. Work I've had done: a spark plug or two changed at one time, transmission fluid changed and rotors replaced. I know I need some big work done. Tthere are quite a few issues I've found solutions to from these threads such as replacing the EVAP solenoid, the purge solenoid, my turn signal stalk, the wiper motor module, my drivers seat heating element, brake light fuse shorting every time I change it, water leaking in through the driver side door/air bag.... Etc. like I said. Lots of random things that need to be changed. The one issue I have yet to find a concrete possibility to is one that makes me worry constantly. My car will not accelerate on the interstate. It takes a good 3 miles before I can successfully accelerate past 40 mph, the engine light flashes, and eventually I can pick up enough speed and ride comfortable in the 70's or higher. Going over high bridges, the car feels as though it's not getting gas. Idling, the car putters, sometimes like it's going to kill. I feel like I can see the hood rattling along with the car. I originally thought this was a transmission fluid issue, then have wondered about the fuel pump, Etc. I've added sea foam, cleaned the throttle, checked oil levels, and still don't know what could help this car with its pick up on interstates, or even just accelerating from a red light. The dealer basically wanted me to trade in my car, but if be much more willing to sink some money into it and work on these issues to avoid having a car note for awhile. Other than telling me how much work is ahead of me, does anyone have any insight on the accelerating issue???

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,026 Posts
How many miles are on it? I'm not a V6 owner, but from what I've gathered a lot of performance issues like this are tied to the timing chains.

·
Registered
2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
1,017 Posts
That sounds like an ignition issue, the check engine light flashing is a dead give away that there is a miss. When the light flashes you are at risk of damaging the catalytic converters. You never only do just one or two spark plugs, you do them in a set. More than likely you have a bad coil pack. Start by scanning for codes.

·
Registered
2006 CTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a list of codes. Gave them to a family member to review, will go get them again maybe tomorrow and post them

----------

204k miles. I've put on 90k of those since purchasing 4 years ago

1 - 5 of 5 Posts