Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and i can not find system reprogramming in factory service manual. geuss my backup battery system failed me Too... D`oh !!! any help would be great. thanks

·
Registered
'05 STS4
668 Posts
What do you mean by "Nothing Works"?

It runs right? Drives OK?

All I'd think you could possibily loose would be things like your Personal Preference & Radio Stations

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stereo (nav) not working, security not arming but does lock doors. windows no longer work. driver settings locked on number one, though that is fine with me. this is what i know doesnt work so far

·
Registered
2005 STS V6-1SC
411 Posts
Did you hear any pops or crackles or hiss when installing the battery? You may have blown a fuse or 2. Check your ground especially where it attaches to the chassis.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
13 Posts
You may get better advice in the Seville forum but sometimes it takes a while for systems to reset. Will it remember your presets now?

·
Registered
Cadillac STS
1,213 Posts
stereo (nav) not working, security not arming but does lock doors. windows no longer work. driver settings locked on number one, though that is fine with me. this is what i know doesnt work so far
I don't think Cadillac offered Nav until 2003 model year STS's as a factory option?

I used to have a 2002

Sounds like a fuse issue..or an electrical grounding one

That genre of STS is famous for having gremlins that are the result of a bad or weak battery

Warren

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no pops or ect. and of course checked all fuses. ran tech 3 scan and no faults. and nav was and is in 2002s as well as the upgraded suspension on late model 2002s... all info is on yr spare tire cover. gremlins would be nice but not a whole family of them. but... there are problems with the electrical as the front pass door and windows are working now as well as one rear window that only goes down, and can be jumpered back up meaning it does have power. AND when arming security the horn Sometimes sounds. SO, grounds and other problems prevail. and the factory service manual is a Jo.... Thanks to all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts