Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I crazy? Maybe.

I left behind a pretty comfortable life, my family, lots of connections, and tons of spectacular friends. I'm now in an apartment right on the line where Warren meets Madison Heights on 11 Mile. I closed a couple businesses in St Louis this year and last year, left a job, and decided to pack my things and see if I could get into the auto business, electing to earn an MBA in the interim.

No planning, no job, just packed up my stuff and showed up.

Observations:
No Priuses! Thank God!
Beautiful weather
Jefferson/Lakeshore Dr is stunning
Diverse population which means tons of good, cheap food options
Comcast :(
This pavement isn't very Miata friendly
I think I've eaten too many coneys

Everyone thinks I've lost my mind. I'm encouraged by the (re)growth, friendly people, and spirit of optimism here.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
Dare greatly!!

I think its awesome! Many Americans have no idea there's a world outside of their city or their little life. Congrats on the bold move!!

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Congrats. My son moved to a suburb of Dearborn after he went to work for Ford. He and his family like it. But about the weather, I think it rains there a lot. I checked on that and other things when I heard he was moving plus when I check the weather there its seems to be raining or calling for rain a lot, at least compared to Scottsdale.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Congrats. My son moved to a suburb of Dearborn after he went to work for Ford. He and his family like it. But about the weather, I think it rains there a lot. I checked on that and other things when I heard he was moving plus when I check the weather there its seems to be raining or calling for rain a lot, at least compared to Scottsdale.
Everywhere is rainy compared to Scottsdale.

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
Congrats, there are great real estate deals to be had on the ground floor of the economy in Detroit. Been thru there many times and outside of some Rough neighborhoods it's not a bad place to be. And it is the winters that will give you the blues as the member mentioned earlier. BEST of luck to you.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Please go visit Henry Ford Museum before you move back home.
One of the places I miss not going to. A great museum and don't forget the Village (can't remember the name) next door.
Hope you can deal with the shitty roads and horrible winters and all the friendly people in that area...

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,150 Posts
It not the rain that will get you in Detroit, it's the snow you have to worry about. :yup:
It's the potholes. I remember on I-75 a pothole as big as an automobile (for real)! I used to live in Toledo and had season tickets for both the Tigers and Red Wings.

At least you have good hockey and ethnic food.

·
Registered
1990 Brougham, 1990 Brougham d'elgance 1979 Coupe
1,196 Posts
I herd you can get a pretty nice house in Detroit for 10k.

I left So, California and moved to Alabama. Caught a lot of heck for that, but never looked back.

----------

If you left your avatar behind, can I have her?

·
Registered
Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03
1,194 Posts
Obviously, something was missing in your life back in St. Louis.

I don't know where you'll end up in the Detroit auto industry, but I have faith that you will succeed in whatever endeavor you pursue.

Best of luck, Jesda!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts