Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 05 V in with a BMR anti wheel hop kit in place, and pinion support, and didnt get any static for it! Anyway, I did notice that the new diff has a different type of casting. Its smooth on the outside compared to my oirginal that had a rough surface. That was an 06 diff. Did the 07 diffs have any changes done?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I took my 05 V in with a BMR anti wheel hop kit in place, and pinion support, and didnt get any static for it! Anyway, I did notice that the new diff has a different type of casting. Its smooth on the outside compared to my oirginal that had a rough surface. That was an 06 diff. Did the 07 diffs have any changes done?
I do not know the answer to your question, but since my car still has the original diff I am trying to keep up to date on the replacement process. Does your paper work have part number? Thanks.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
15 Posts
had mine replaced last week part number 15793756 they also replaced the clutch because there was a tsb on my vin run.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Thank you for the part numbers. That number appears to be the most current. I want to make sure that when mine is ultimately (inevitably) replaced that I do not get stuck with the older version sitting somewhere in the part inventory pipeline.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
15 Posts
I was told there were no more 05 0r 06 rears around.

Also if you have issues I can give you a e mail address to cadilac customer service headquarters. they will get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I was told there were no more 05 0r 06 rears around.

Also if you have issues I can give you a e mail address to cadilac customer service headquarters. they will get it fixed.
You may be right.

But GM has an internal process such that anytime a part is needed, but out of stock at GM Central, a call goes out to all dealers to locate the part. I just went through this process recently when I bought a new rim to set up a spare. Because the rim was unavailble at GM Central, it came from another dealer. (It also came via overnight delivery at no extra cost). This means that if you happen to need a part that is on back order at GM Central, you may get a part from some other dealer's old stock. Bottom line is that the old diffs are not NECESSARILy gone until every dealer everywhere is out of them.

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
The new case definitely appears to have a more smooth surface finish. Perhaps there has been subtle improvements to the casting tooling and hopefully the material itself. :confused:

Snapping some photos tonight it appears the "new" vent isn't perfect. Little traces of goo on the front. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the lube has reached its equilibrium and won't spit any more out. :thehand:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts