Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around $1200 installed :eek:

$200 for a decent camera, $200 install & $800 for a converter box that will interface with our cars.

It's is awful lot to pay for what I would consider to be a great feature.

Oh well...

·
Registered
'14 Wagon
301 Posts
Be patient. Tony said there may be a factory option in a soon to be released Caddy model.

Jeff-

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Correct- the CTS Wagon (which should be on lots this fall) will be available with a factory installed backup camera. Wait4me has already found out how to activate the feed for the camera, so it should just be a matter of ordering the camera through Parts, plugging it in to the Nav and turning it on.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Thank you again, Tony and Jesse! This will be a "must-do" mod for me when the factory solution is available.

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Wonder how much the General is going to want for the camera through parts? I bet it will not be cheap. Could still be a $1200 project with install.

Mark

·
Registered
NONE
120 Posts
If that's the case, could you just use one like this that mounts to the top of the license plate frame?

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2009
46 Posts
Hey guys since you brought up this thread i wanted to ask. Since the escalades have this beautiful rear view camera with a sleek look from behind and which is very helpful when parking. Is there any way to get those cameras to be working on the V's NAV or screen? Anyone who knows how to make it work on there.???

It would be 100% amazing and it would make it look lovely..

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Hey guys since you brought up this thread i wanted to ask. Since the escalades have this beautiful rear view camera with a sleek look from behind and which is very helpful when parking. Is there any way to get those cameras to be working on the V's NAV or screen? Anyone who knows how to make it work on there.???

It would be 100% amazing and it would make it look lovely..

just my 2 cents
Did you even read any of this thread? What do you think we are talking about?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
Everything mentioned so far, except for the CTS Wagon camera, has been generic. The question mr. algaz is posing is can the presumably already available factory Escalade setup be made to work with our cars.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2009
46 Posts
Did you even read any of this thread? What do you think we are talking about?
Yes I have read this whole thread and the one posted like 2 months ago. But as GMX322V said I was asking can the factory escalade setting be used on this car.

Everything mentioned so far, except for the CTS Wagon camera, has been generic. The question mr. algaz is posing is can the presumably already available factory Escalade setup be made to work with our cars.
Thanks a lot for making my point clear I appreciate your reply. I am still thinking if there is any way to go around the system of the V to install the escalade's cam. I think that is one of the best cams available. I did ask a couple of service advisors and a couple of people at the dealership, but none seem to be professionals. All they know is how to read the car's manual and do the procedures. We need someone like Wait4Me to figure out a way to activate this feature.

mr.algaz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts