Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine comes on about bank 2 below threshold also remember those fender vents I said I was going to take off? The are built into the fender and the vents are functional!!!! I reset the light actually I read the code with my code reader when I tried to erase the code it said dtcs in system and the light is off now?

·
Registered
2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac
1,905 Posts
Below what threshold? What was the code number?

Sucks about the vents. New fenders are about $300 each, plus paint obviously.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeaa lol have not been able to stomp on it I drove it home in an icestorm we are having in TX My fiancé drive an audi a8 stick to the ground like glue...I just didn't have the money for a Audi S8

----------

Sorry I don't remember the code and I told yu in just disappeared ??? I think it was exhaust related ??? Any idea?

Below what threshold? What was the code number?

Sucks about the vents. New fenders are about $300 each, plus paint obviously.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT
504 Posts
yeaa lol have not been able to stomp on it I drove it home in an icestorm we are having in TX My fiancé drive an audi a8 stick to the ground like glue...I just didn't have the money for a Audi S8

----------

Sorry I don't remember the code and I told yu in just disappeared ??? I think it was exhaust related ??? Any idea?
If its Catalyst Below Threshold (Bank 2) - then that's a P0430; which is a bad catalytic converter. The passenger side cat is part of the manifold; I actually just dropped my car off today for the same. Which fortunately is covered under 8/80 federal emissions (and my '06 wasn't put in service until June '07 - and my GMPP just expired - so that's great news)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I am saying is as I read the error code I went to clear it and the reader said no dtc found and the light went off?

----------

Thanks mines little over the miles but I will look into it wit the dealer I bough it from otherwise the car is mint

If its Catalyst Below Threshold (Bank 2) - then that's a P0430; which is a bad catalytic converter. The passenger side cat is part of the manifold; I actually just dropped my car off today for the same. Which fortunately is covered under 8/80 federal emissions (and my '06 wasn't put in service until June '07 - and my GMPP just expired - so that's great news)

·
Registered
08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon
1,611 Posts
----------

[/COLOR]Thanks mines little over the miles but I will look into it wit the dealer I bough it from otherwise the car is mint[/QUOTE

I'm not sure I to go as far as saying a car with Pep Boys vents cut into the fenders is exactly mint.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Normally I would not respond to Dick-head responses like yours 1madstsv6 but I bought the car sight unseen in person and had it shipped from FL to TX pics looked great and was told the car was mint. I even said the first thing I was going to do is remove those stick on vents but it was my surprise they were functional.

1madstv said....

[/COLOR]Thanks mines little over the miles but I will look into it wit the dealer I bough it from otherwise the car is mint[/QUOTE

I'm not sure I to go as far as saying a car with Pep Boys vents cut into the fenders is exactly mint.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
Normally I would not respond to Dick-head responses like yours 1madstsv6 but I bought the car sight unseen in person and had it shipped from FL to TX pics looked great and was told the car was mint. I even said the first thing I was going to do is remove those stick on vents but it was my surprise they were functional.

1madstv said....

I agree that Madstsv1 is abrasive in his delivery in this case, but I'd also say he has a point. The dealer saying that the car was "mint" by minimizing/omitting the installation of $35 Buick fender vents into $1k of auto body work was how you were tricked into purchasing the car at an inflated price due to condition overvaluation. It's lying through omission for profit or gain, or fraud. Do you really think that the selling entity didn't realize those non-Cadillac vents were installed by a shade tree mechanic? If indeed it was "mint," we wouldn't be discussing fender vents. You might want to say "mechanically" mint instead. Just saying...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand what you guys mean and I will take it up with the dealer. At this point I am okay since they do actually let heat escape from the engine bay. keep in mind I said mint based of what I was told before I took possession of the car. Had I already owned the car and said that then you guys point would have been valid. I have been that jerk and said smart comments but at this point I jus appreciate the support an will try to contribute the same. thx

I agree that Madstsv1 is abrasive in his delivery in this case, but I'd also say he has a point. The dealer saying that the car was "mint" by minimizing/omitting the installation of $35 Buick fender vents into $1k of auto body work was how you were tricked into purchasing the car at an inflated price due to condition overvaluation. It's lying through omission for profit or gain, or fraud. Do you really think that the selling entity didn't realize those non-Cadillac vents were installed by a shade tree mechanic? If indeed it was "mint," we wouldn't be discussing fender vents. You might want to say "mechanically" mint instead. Just saying...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts