• I plan to hook up to my V Exhaust

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I placed an "interest order", but haven't gone the next step. I'm waiting for the 12/23 e-mail from Pete. Prio to the headers installation, I plan to scrap the V-exhaust and go with 2.25' pipes and SDMarine's set up with the X-pipe and Magnaflow dual in/out center muffler....

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pjohnesq said:
I placed an "interest order", but haven't gone the next step. I'm waiting for the 12/23 e-mail from Pete. Prio to the headers installation, I plan to scrap the V-exhaust and go with 2.25' pipes and SDMarine's set up with the X-pipe and Magnaflow dual in/out center muffler....
PJ,
I SHOULD HAVE PUT AN ENTRY FOR CUSTOM EXHAUST!:bang2:

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
You don't even need to ask me! :lildevil: Even if I'm the only one buying, I'm getting a set! We can't let the Marine be the only one having fun burning tires out, now can we?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smokin' 04 CTS said:
Are huggers headers??
Oh my, You missed the big promotion for the group buy for CMS Hugger Headers and high flow Cats?. It brings the 3.6 with a Volant CAI and Huggers close to 300HP!:bouncy: Mines on order!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Smokin' 04 CTS said:
Are huggers headers??
It's 'slang' for block hugger headers. Typically, they're short to directly replace the factory cast iron exhaust manifolds. Long tube headers will typically produce more power, but are a bear to fit, and require custom exhaust work. These are a bolt-in direct replacement and will work with your existing exhaust, no matter what it is.

CMS is offering a group purchase, and will begin fabrication very soon on custom 3.2L and 3.6L headers. They're pricey (~$1600/set with high flow cats), but they're jet hot coated, extrude honed, etc. are have been dyno'ed (by one member, Lund, and CMS) to produce right around 40 RWHP. That's the largest gain you'll find from a bolt-on, short of a supercharger, which BTW, no one makes any longer for our cars. CMS may have one of those out shortly as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I put my name in the hat, and my Borla exhaust is on its way to my house via Lil Devil Motorsports (stupid hippies raised the price to $949.99...)

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cadiman1983 said:
I put my name in the hat, and my Borla exhaust is on its way to my house via Lil Devil Motorsports (stupid hippies raised the price to $949.99...)
If that includes S&H that's not a bad price. I paid $1140 w/S&H for the Corsa.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm gonna save up for the borla, rims, and rotors...I just couldn't see myself spending so much on headers...I want to focus on looks and not so much on performance. I know the borla and rotors will improve upon what's already there...but you can't deny that it won't add to the "cool" factor.

Good luck to those guys that ordered the headers...I'm sure you guys will be bouncing off the walls...:bouncy:

·
Registered
413 Posts
On a side note, my father was getting jealous that I am getting headers for my car, so he went and ordered a set of headers and cats for his 300C. Thought it was funny that I "inspired" him to do that. That car will sound incredible with those things on though...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
LOL
I bought 2000 worth of camera stuff this month as well as everyone's x-mas gift. I'm sure i can fit this in instead, i think i'm just going to get a v and forget about trying to make the 3.6l a faster car since tuning is impossible.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One thing I like about the Corsa is they offer a nice template for making your cut out. I'll still break out in a sweat when I take a saw to the bumper. After the saw you clean up with a Dremel. What kinf of saw? A saber? JIg Saw?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Borla comes with a template as well, a nice one from what I've heard. And I'll be nervous as hell as well cutting the bumper. I'm not sure what kind of saw, thats more my fathers area, but I'll let you know once we get down to it.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cadiman1983 said:
Borla comes with a template as well, a nice one from what I've heard. And I'll be nervous as hell as well cutting the bumper. I'm not sure what kind of saw, thats more my fathers area, but I'll let you know once we get down to it.
Did Borla charge for the template? Corsa does..close to $50.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts