Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like when I find any NICE 90-92 Cadillac Brougham for sale, its usually 5-15k. I'm talking about cars that are NICE, ie don't need any work, run great, less than 100k miles, cold a/c, clean interiors, no rust, nice original paint, good vinyl top, etc.

It seems like there has been a significant price creep since I bought my 1991 Brougham D'Elegance back in 2008. I bought that car for $4500 with 101k miles, in good, original condition. IE a couple of door dings, no faded paint, good vinyl top, runs/drives like a train, new shocks.

So am I looking in the wrong places at ebay and auto-trader???? These guys seem to think their cars have a couple of gold bricks in the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,110 Posts
Asking and selling prices are two completely different things. For a more realistic view of the current market, search completed SOLD auctions on ebay.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
They don't pop up every day. Plus, there are nice life long garaged examples in the north that start to appear as the snow melts and folks get around to coming out of hibernation. You'll find one, be patient! Then hold on to a nice car when you are lucky enough to get your hands on one. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB
922 Posts
Used car market sucks in general lately, but yeah.

Don't forget craigslist and cars.com. I found some great stuff there.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I have found that prices of real rough ones have gone down, and the ones that still look decent have stayed steady or going up. Deals are still out there but they are harder to find because there are less of the cars.

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
I was just thinking the other day, that when I joined this forum quite a few years ago, the 90-92 broughams seem to be a large part of the discussions, dont
seem to hear that much of them lately, I always look for them though.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ Looks like my old 91, just a shade lighter of blue. Details??? I don't think I want another blue one, but you know if the deal is right . . .

·
Registered
1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade
1,105 Posts
I suppose it really depends where you are. Out here in California, they are fairly common and you can get a great example for about $3,500. I turned one away that had a TV in the glove box,a d'Elegance interior, moonroof, no rust and the 5.7.

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
jamespowers said:
I suppose it really depends where you are. Out here in California, they are fairly common and you can get a great example for about $3,500. I turned one away that had a TV in the glove box,a d'Elegance interior, moonroof, no rust and the 5.7.
I'd turn it away too....who needs a TV in the glovebox?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts