Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at the 10 day forecast. Single digit lows the next couple of nights, but then we start getting into the 40s. Some rain to wash away the salt and snow. Next week may be pushing 50.

Time to wake Sleeping Beauty may be right around the corner!

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Hoping for some good weather here too. My V has been under it's snow topped car cover for about the last month. :(

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,152 Posts
I know the feeling. I used to lay up my MGB for the winter, and then you just get this massive itch to scratch...:bulging:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like last year though, even when it does come out, it is the beginning of pothole season here in Michigan.

There was one road in my way to work that looked like it was carpet bombed. They were the size of small craters. You had to crawl through that section at 10 mph.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
If you're having snow problems I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but some snow ain't one
Make yourself comfortable on the couch and tell us all your problems. ;)

----------

Like last year though, even when it does come out, it is the beginning of pothole season here in Michigan.

There was one road in my way to work that looked like it was carpet bombed. They were the size of small craters. You had to crawl through that section at 10 mph.
Intrastate 264 was our local crater filled road until about a year ago when several cars had blow outs, busted rims, and one ladies car was actually totaled by a really deep pothole.
Finally VDOT took action and fixed them and repaved most of the Va Beach section.
I hope to be out there in the next week playing with my Dashlogic. :)

·
Registered
17 Escalade,17 Chevy SS,88Corvette,71Corvette
458 Posts
I'm sick of the winter and snow!! Both of my Vettes are covered with trickle chargers on them. The V has gotten use just not in the snow. Next week it's supposed to to 50! Thank God!!

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I think I'm just going to change out of the Blizzaks now. They saw use for one day in the last four months, and it wasn't in the snow. That's right, I'm ashamed to say I did NOT drive my V through another bad Cleveland winter, for the first time in six years. It felt weird, honestly.

Thankfully the garage queen days will be over and I can go back to daily driving Beastwagon shortly.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,152 Posts
I don't care where you live, that's cold. Anytime sub 0 degrees F it's cold. I did go running once at negative 17 F just to see what it was like and it was, as my college age daughter described, cold as balls.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
-4 F at my house this morning. Compared to -17 on 2/20/15, -4 was positively (negatively?) warm.

·
Registered
14,152 Posts
Did the Cuyahoga freeze? Or should I ask, can the Cuyahoga freeze?

·
Premium Member
16 Phantom Gray V, 14 Silver Coast Metallic CTS4
1,360 Posts
I hope to be out there in the next week playing with my Dashlogic. :)
I'm looking forward to playing with mine as well. BTW, VDOT needs to get that stuff all straight before the first of May. Hoping to be driving the V down there for vacation then.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
By the time they fix the pot holes, it'll be September. I saw a guy driving a Corvette yesterday. I just can't imagine enjoying the drive with the roads in this condition.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
All is right with the world. The sun is shining, most of the snow next to the roads has melted, and I felt it safe to take Beastwagon to work today. Of course, it will be washed before putting it away for the day.

It's been a long week, but the mere acts of shifting my own gears and listening to the supercharger whine conspire to reverse the scowl I've been wearing all week.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All is right with the world. The sun is shining, most of the snow next to the roads has melted, and I felt it safe to take Beastwagon to work today. Of course, it will be washed before putting it away for the day.

It's been a long week, but the mere acts of shifting my own gears and listening to the supercharger whine conspire to reverse the scowl I've been wearing all week.
I think mine is going to come out of hibernation (along with our Mustang convertible) this weekend. With 50s predicted for the next three days and some rain tomorrow night, most of the crud should be gone.

Yippee!!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Took her out yesterday and again today. Gave her a quick wash to get the dust off.

Felt like I was reunited with an old friend. Hopefully I haven't jinxed the weather.

I think I'm going to drive it to work tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts