Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two months ago i had a new heater core, uper Rad hose, complete flush, thermostat, other maintenance etc. etc. and now that it's getting colder, the upper hose or the steel-tubed line going in to the rad are leaking slightly. the rubber tranny cooler lines leaked too so I changed them as well. I'm not thrilled. Yes, i have the GM supplemental pellets in there, and I snugged up all the hoses again, but I can't put it too tight on the upper because it's a plastic sleeve and I don't want to crack it. Looks like the GM dealership used the one original hose clamp and it's the kind that you squeeze with a plyers to remove it. (thermostat side, and it's leaking slightly there too, but less)

These cars seem to leak everything except applejuice when it gets cold out......I can live with it because I don't drive it much at all in the winter, but it bugs me. When it warms up then it stops leaking, and it never leaks in the summer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My tranny rubber hose connection leaks a little bit in the winter too... As for coolant leaks, you better find out the source. What if the plastic tank cracked somewhere under the upper hose?

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
adalla said:
My tranny rubber hose connection leaks a little bit in the winter too... As for coolant leaks, you better find out the source. What if the plastic tank cracked somewhere under the upper hose?
Well I think it's from the upper rad hose clamp area, from what I could feel with my finger. I imagine that if they cracked the plastic neck on the rad, it would leak a lot worse. But the good news is that when the engine is hot, and the cooling system under pressure, it doesn't seem to leak.

Another strange thing I noticed is that the hood release from the front of the car, (after you've pulled it from the inside) catches even after sliding the release all the way to the left, making it dificult to open the hood! It's like the metal hits on the latch and it should go further but it won't, so then the hook snags.... Again, this is something that I never experience when it's warm out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts