Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
05 Raven V
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey OC / SD V1s and V2s I think its time we scared some LS1/LS3 vette owners. Every Friday at about 5-8 in Escondido off the main drag they have a old school cruise night. Its open to anything with horsepower, but you get the idea.

There's a parking lot where all the vettes, ferraris, lambos, porsches etc get together and Im tired of being the only V at this event.

So I want to know when everyone is available to get together to cruise, bullshit about cars, stare at girls and eat good food. Like I said, its every friday, and its located here:

East Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025

So whos in?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SC
410 Posts
Got a friend coming into town this week. Let me know next time you head up that way.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
236 Posts
its just a little far... most of us are by LA

·
Registered
Cadillac
307 Posts
You are not the only V there. I am there pretty much every Friday. LOL. Won't be this Friday though.

·
Registered
05 Eforce LS3 V
802 Posts
I will go

·
Registered
05 Raven V
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://www.downtownescondido.com/cruisin.html

Information on the show in Esco every friday starting in April. I would love to have everyone in SD meetup for the balboa park auto museum thing that they do every month, but in the meantime for february, who wants to roll in force to Race legal just to see the show?

http://www.racelegal.com/web/videos.asp

Basically, on the 19th, qualcomm stadium turns into an 1/8th mile street racing fest. Its a lot of fun, and cheap to run em if you wanna blow up a rear end or three. I wont be grenading my diff, but I will be there with a few friends just watching, what can I say, I love this ish.

·
Registered
BMW M3, waiting for my next V.
42 Posts
I would be interested in the Balboa park meet. I am new to the forum, and to V ownership and would like to meet some fellow V owners here in San Diego. When is the meet for Balboa park?

·
Registered
2007 CTS-v
31 Posts
I'm also new to the forum and to V ownership! I live in Santa Barbara and i am trying to get V's around the 805 to meet up

·
Registered
STS-V
801 Posts
I am going on a run up the Glendora mountain road Saturday with Motorgen. I am usually only Caddy STS-V that shows up usually although I am hoping a guy with a maggied CTS-V will show up. The guys are cool and many other car clubs show up on the runs so you have everything from 10 sec Camaros, Hemi-Cudas, EVO's, WRX, Solaris Coupes, MB AMG's, all kinds of Vettes, Shelby GT500, Mustangs, BMW. Drivers of all ages too. If you are into cars, you are welcome. We have drifters, drag racers and road racers show up. No restriction on makes. Meeting up at Lowes in Upland at 2:45pm

1923 N Campus Ave
Upland, CA 91784

Dinner at the end of the run at

La Tolteca
429 N Azusa Ave
Azusa, CA 91702

It has been close to 30 years since I have made the cruise at Escondido. I will have to go back down there again some Friday.

Bob

·
Registered
05 Cadillac CTSV
77 Posts
I am going on a run up the Glendora mountain road Saturday with Motorgen. I am usually only Caddy STS-V that shows up usually although I am hoping a guy with a maggied CTS-V will show up. The guys are cool and many other car clubs show up on the runs so you have everything from 10 sec Camaros, Hemi-Cudas, EVO's, WRX, Solaris Coupes, MB AMG's, all kinds of Vettes, Shelby GT500, Mustangs, BMW. Drivers of all ages too. If you are into cars, you are welcome. We have drifters, drag racers and road racers show up. No restriction on makes. Meeting up at Lowes in Upland at 2:45pm

1923 N Campus Ave
Upland, CA 91784

Dinner at the end of the run at

La Tolteca
429 N Azusa Ave
Azusa, CA 91702

It has been close to 30 years since I have made the cruise at Escondido. I will have to go back down there again some Friday.

Bob
Is this every saturday?

·
Registered
05 Cadillac CTSV
77 Posts
I'm also new to the forum and to V ownership! I live in Santa Barbara and i am trying to get V's around the 805 to meet up
Hey whats up,Ilive in the 661 and will probably try a canyon run in spring or after the rain stops and the roads are clean agian.So just lokk for the post in a couple months.I do go right now but usually its spur of the moment.

·
Registered
05 Eforce LS3 V
802 Posts

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
I don't know.

My V has a check engine light that I am running down.

If I do I may take Mr. Vette.

If you saw the local news last night, someone in a Vette took out another car and they both ended up in the creek along the route.

Vette was doing over 110 and the driver was busted for DUI.

link: http://www.ocregister.com/news/corvette-235978-police-brown.html

Both cars looked totaled.

Vettes make lousy submarines.

·
Registered
STS-V
801 Posts
Some of pictures of the meet.

Gathering of the cars

Start up the mountain

Pause at half way

End of the run. Time for dinner.