Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a few of you guys are just like me with the STS-V, short term lease.

So what's your next vehicle or what are you looking at next? Are you going to go back and look at the CTS-V for 09?

I love my STS-V, but being a short term lease and I have never planned to put any money into mods other than maybe an exhuast (which sounds like a dead issue now that Corsa is bagging out) I am already keeping an eye out for my next car.

Will a new STS design be out under 2 years? Can I get another STS-V knowing the Caddy has to be doing a redesign on the STS shortly?

No doubt I re-examine the new CTS-V, but there are some killer cars coming out in the next year or two it will be a fun time looking ;)

So, what are all your plans? Let's hear em.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
The STS gets killed in either 2010 or 2011, not sure which (cant remember the chart)...so, no future STS-V's.
If the new CTS-V is sweet, I will get back into that, if not, then who knows. I bought my STS-V, so I dont need to bail anytime soon.

F

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
I bought my STS-V as well so I am not bailing any time soon. Since there is room for power adders then it will be a long any time soon. I will probably just add another car to the stable. I have always wanted the C6 Z06. BUT,, the blue devil (or what ever it's going to be called). that is now on my top of my hit list in the near future.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
Yep, I bought mine too. Ever since I switched to driving a sedan, I have had a hard time finding a car I really liked. And, I really don't like the car buying experience at all. I drove the Acura 3.2TLS, which I leased because I didn't really want to keep it and then I bought the CTS. I would have looked more closely at the CTS-V then, but didn't want to deal with a stick in Atlanta. I have a 5 mile commute that takes 30 minutes. All uphill! But, this car I really like. I'm hoping to stay with this one for a while.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
reading aobut the blue devil (or SS) I found this foot note that looks promising for the XLR crowd....

Judging by the digital images I have seen, the new mid-engined Corvette is sensational looking, which, given GM Design's roll of late, certainly shouldn't be a surprise. Futuristic, purposeful and bristling with exquisite "signature" Corvette design elements - with no "blades" and no bull**** gimmicks - the new Corvette is everything the Corvette faithful could hope for. But an interesting sidebar? Judging by the reactions of people I have spoken to who have seen it, the Cadillac XLR variant of the mid-engined car is drop-dead gorgeous too.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Coming from a 2006 LS2 CTS-V, I loved the car, but I hated the stick in L.A. traffic. Cadillac needs to make sure they come up with a quick shifting 6 speed automatic option in addition to the 6 speed manual in the upcoming 2009 CTS-V.

I did a 2 year GMAC Smartlease on my 2007 STS-V and I truly love the car, the way it feels, drives and looks. There isn't another car on the road right now that I want, not even a C6 Z06. My brother in law has a 2007 Z06 and after driving it a few times, I loved the feel when I got back into my STS-V.

At this time, my lease is going to be up in February of 2009 and with GMAC's Smartlease pull ahead program, I can get into a 2009 CTS-V in a little over a year from now. I am enjoying the D3 mods and the custom dyno tune I got for now and hope the 2009 CTS-V is so awesome that I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I hope that Cadillac offers a STS type of vehicle in a V series so guys like us can get a bigger high performance car. The CTS-V may be a bit too small for some of us.

SG

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SG,

Same with me. My GM lease is up in March of 09. It's funny how much I love car shopping and I think the next year will be just mind boggling with some of the cars that are reported to be launching. I hope the hp wars keep up for the next 2 years or so.

So no STS after 2010/2011? What will Caddy replace it with........if at all?

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
I may look at the CTS-V in the future if they stop making the STS-V, but honestly I don't want to go anything smaller than the STS-V I have now.

I can't think of any other car on the road that I would want over the STS. If I go smaller than the STS-V, I may just go for an XLR-V or in a totally different line of thought for some kind of larger American sports car along the lines of the new Challenger, Camaro or GTO. Not sure about that, but would consider it.

I really have a hard time with the idea of going back to a non-Cadillac car, though, after owning only Cadillacs for the last few years. You know what they say.... "once you go 'Lac, you never go back."

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
dad owns one
i swear i will before they die...
course i got an Eldo in 05, that was dead, and a seville in 07 again dead
so maybe ill get a STS-V in 2015?

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
i always do a two year lease just because i get bored with the car after that...so yes, im going to the 09 cts-v..EVEN THOUGH I STILL LOVE THE STS-V!~!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V 2008 E63 2008 GL550
176 Posts
I Went from the 04' CTS-V to 06' STS-V and can't handle the automatic. My STS-V is a 2 year lease up in July 08' so I'm in no man's land in moving to the CTS-V. I don't know what else has 4 doors and a stick that will put a smile on my face.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts