Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My original thread got a little off topic. No worries, i've jacked other people's threads more then a couple of times. These wheels are all ready on the way, just need to know if there is anything special i am going to have to do to mount them when they arrive. 5x115/38mm/8.5 width.
Thanks guys.

Also, what tire size to go with, with the idea of lowering springs in the very near future?

Have you guys seen these WWII Caddy Ads? Cadillac powered tanks! Good stuff.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
+38 is PERFECT!!!

my 22's have +38 and i get NO rub even on full u-turns.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MrPlease, i came to your D-fense during the 22" wheel war of 2007. Thanks for the advice! I enjoyed the hell out of that thread, forum battles of that caliber are few and far between. I noticed that you have a pic of your car in the top left corner every time you post on here how do i do that? I could only figure out how to use one of the stock pics from the site itself.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
sorry mang, i think i helped jack you thread.
for 18 i think the recommended tire size would 18/245/45 series, but i imagine 40 series would look nicer and what most people would go with. both will work lowered.

·
Registered
821 Posts
yeah, thanks for that...

ok,
1. go to user control panel.
2. go to edit avatar.
3. go to custom avatar & upload you pic you want.

now, i don't know if only supporting members can do it or if everyone can do it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
yeah, go with a 40 series tire...

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah for the for-see-able future, im gonna rock the 18's and if thats where im at then im gonna try to make the best of it. XOxomax your however you spell that (forum member) has the best stance w/ eighteens ive seen here so im going for that kind of look. If 40 series is the way to go, then that whats goin' on the wheels. Thanks guys. This place has helped me soooo many times, i dont have lots of $$$ to spare but how to you donate to the site? I figure its only right after all this forum has given me.

·
Registered
821 Posts
click on member support & pay them $5.00.

i paid with paypal

·
Registered
03 Redline CTS Lux Pkg
1,031 Posts
I am running 18x8's with a +38mm offset. I had rubbing issues on the rear drivers side tire and had to get my fenders rolled. Finding a place to do that was a major PITA and they did a terrible job.

I am running 245/40's and I think it looks much better than the 45's. People on here claim the 45 is closer to the stock wheel size but the guy from tire rack said the 40 is almost exactly the same so I don't know who to believe. The 245/40's were also much cheaper. I went with Pirelli P-zero Nero's from tire rack

·
Registered
O.G. CTS Sport/Lux, V Grilles/Bumpers, sittin on 20's
273 Posts
I am shopping for rims for my 03CTS, Ive never owned a car, and know nothing about rims, Ive been reading threads trying to figure out what to look for as far as mesurement, trying to decided between 18s,19's or 20s, I go out to the country sometimes, so I think 20s might not be ideal on country roads....Also can someone tell me what the offset means? and the 245?? Thx!

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Im no expert, but offset seems to be the distance the wheel sits from the hub to the out-er edge of the rim. Example- the wrong offset could make the rims stick out beyond the fender, like those rice-mobiles from the 1980's. 245 is tire width 40 or 45 is tire height.

20" rims are hot if you can handle the $$$
19" why bother?
18" cheaper and if you lower the car look good.
You drivin' that Cadillac down dirt (country) roads?!
If so no 20's for you!

Also you need to find 5x115 bolt pattern 5x143 will work but you need hubsentric (miss-spell) rings to fill the .7 mm gap.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
Offset can be easily explained.

Here is another post of mine explaining offset.

Offset is measured from the center point of the wheel to the mounting point of the wheel.

- = 1 inch.

[----x----] = +0mm Offset because the mounting point is at the exact center of the wheel in this case.

[-------x-] = +50.8mm (2 inches). Its positive offset because the mounting point has been moved out from the center point of the wheel.

[--x------] = -50.8mm (2 inches). This is negative offset because the wheel mounting point has been moved inward from the wheels center point.

As far as tire size..well here we go.

Lets take one of the tire sizes in question a 225/45-18.

The 225 is the tires width measured in millimeters.

The 45 is the tires profile. Profile means (in this case) the tire is 45% as tall as it is wide. That means the sidewall height is 101.25mm.

The 18 as you already know is noted for the wheel diameter.

·
Registered
O.G. CTS Sport/Lux, V Grilles/Bumpers, sittin on 20's
273 Posts
You drivin' that Cadillac down dirt (country) roads?!
If so no 20's for you!
Well its just that my dad lives on a dirt road, about 2-3miles of the highway...if it werent for that id jump on the 20's...id only have them on in the summer anyway....damn these canadian winters!

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts