Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone of this forum's readers have any first hand experience with driving a CTS in the snow (six inches or more)? I am considering purchase of snow tires, if they offer any improvement of the stock Goodyear RS-A's. With a 4/5 ranking, it seems that snows may not be needed; any feedback or recommendations based on actual experience would be useful in making my purchase decision.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd REALLY recommend nokian's if ya can find em. They're great, and ya can run em in the summer to if ya want. They're kind of a weird brand, and we get em from Finland I think. I think e-tires sells em online.
D.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been running Dunlop Winter Sport M3s all the way around my 2000 SLS. They are like glue on dry pavement, perform much better than regular tires in heavy rain since the tread pattern is such that water is dispersed through very deep treds at a 45 degree angle. This is not so great for the person you're racing in the lane next to you since their windows get sprayed with water. These tires are unbelievable when it gets over 60 degrees and act like racing slicks. It is extremely difficult to get them to squeel around high speed turns. I purchased the tires late 2003. With a mixture of racing, autocrossing and taking high speed turns on a daily basis, the tread on the front tires is at 30% remaining. The rear tires have about 80% left. These tires have great tread life if you drive casually. They can also be your daily savior if you drive very agressively. Here is an alternative to buying slicks if you want something that has great racing traction at the track and unbelievable water dispersion for the 100+ mph ride home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts