Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone who owned an STS-v drove it in the snow or uses it as a daily driver. I was considering trading my current car (chevrolet monte carlo) for an STS-V or an STS V8 or V8 all wheel drive. I realize the car is rear wheel drive and that it has a lot of power. I was just curious if it was manageable due to the weight, traction control, etc. in the snow and able to be used as an all year round daily driver.

Thanks

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
I'm told, the ones who have tried, nearly died...these cars are bad in the rain, I wouldn't EVEN try it in the snow.

Don't do it, or get the All Wheel Drive since they made it for that.

·
Registered
Cadillac
378 Posts
Actually, we drove ours in the snow (2" or so) the week we got it just to test it out. Took me 30 minutes to dig myself out of my driveway, after that we were fine. The problem is once you stop on snow, if its not packed snow you will dig a hole and be stuck with the run flats. Its power wasnt the issue, its the tires. So, driving in fresh snow is not good. Once its packed or slush your ok just have to drive careful. It did 5X better than my 05 CTS-V i had.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
buy a beater for the winter...thats what I did. (2008 Ford F150 FX4)

F

·
Registered
2008 Thunder Gray STS-V; 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Wagon
36 Posts
Get a good set of winter tires and you'll be able to go just about anywhere...

·
Registered
STS-V
393 Posts
Yokohama Advan S4, Blizzaks, Michelin Pilot Sport AS - yes they have tires which are more than adequate for the snow. I run mine year round here in Chicago. I have two sets of rims & tires. Summer performance tires from May to December, and the Advan S4's through the winter. Haven't got stuck once since I got rid of the Pirellis. The run-craps it came with need to be junked ASAP - they are worthless in the snow.

Bob

·
Registered
Cadillac STS V
118 Posts
The car will run ok in light snow with a good set of tires but not in heavy snow. It deff. will not compare to the front wheel drive in the Monte Carlo.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V
317 Posts
No go in snow with OEM tires . . . 1/4" a snow and I was petrified . . . . my 3/4 ton diesel is my winter beater.

I swear the V squeals like a little girl if the tires touch snow . . . . :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts