Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
07 Escalade, 07 EXT(Stolen),09 EXT
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck isnt done yet but i just wanted to share a picture with you guys, i will post more when its done but let me no what you think.

·
Registered
'07 QuickSilverLade
287 Posts
I just don't think the Escalade was built to be modified that way... I don't see ruggedness in the lade when I see one, I see grace.... with its pants pulled down now, it looks kinda shy and uncomfortable. I think it's a good job though, maybe much nicer if done on a Hummer or sumsing like zat.......... and it's not even done yet, so mebi it'll turn out okay....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i kindda thought u guys would feel that way. My reasoning behind it was, considering i have 8 other cars in the driveway including stock escalades i wanted to do something "different". this is my first lifted truck, at first i was going to lift a ford or a chevy but then that wouldnt be "being different" cuz everyone does it. Then i thought about how pleased ive been with the escalades from day one, i did some research and have only seen one other lifted new body escalade. I thought it would be fun to have something no one has seen b4 and so far that is the response i am getting. Not to be a dick but im kindda glad people say they wouldnt do it, means i dont have to worry about seeing another one on the road.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o and the best part is the truck is still under warranty!!!! cadillac dealer installed the and said i didnt loose my warranty :)

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Sorry, but I have to go ahead and disagree with some of the previous observations...

It looks bitchin', don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The KMC Rockstar wheels are very cool. Me...personally, I throw up in my mouth when I see Escalades rolling on 30-inch+ wagon wheels, and other super-gaff/"donkish" related "styling"...retarded paint jobs, 42-inch TVs, ad nauseam...

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and much like a certain body part, they all stink to some degree!

FYI, my last truck was a diesel Excursion built by Funkmaster Flex. It was perfectly balanced with tasteful customization that still allowed it to be a daily driver and it turned heads everywhere.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I will be looking for that truck in the swamps of NJ. ;)

·
Registered
2008 Escalade AWD
32 Posts
It's your vehicle and if you like it then that's all that matters! I hear you loud and clear on having something different since I also want my vehicles to be unique and different as well. I went a different direction with my Escalade but I can still appreciate your approach. Nobody lifts the Escalades and that makes yours different and separates it from the crowd. It's so drastically different that it may take time for some people to get used to it. Some people will never get used to it and will always hate it. But then again, if we all liked exactly the same things then all our vehicles would look exactly the same and how boring would that be? I must applaud your vision, originality, style and uniqueness!

BTW, is that a blacked out Strut Aspen grille I see on that beast? If so, very cool!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes, the truck is identical to my old one that got stolen but instead of being slammed on 26s its lifted, just figured id do the complete oposite this time around

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
looks killer to me, but I know the value just went out the window, probably not worth what a stock Z71 is worth now.
And what truck's value hasn't tanked the second they drove it off the lot? It's not a matter of loosing money, just how much. Whether you're lifting or slamming, you ain't gettin' your $ back. They're a hobby or passion, not an investment. If you want to minimize your loses don't spend a dime and ride bone stock...

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
That's insane! I think it looks cool. You've definitely taken the EXT in a brave new direction. :thumbsup:

eta: what size tires are those and how much lift do you have on?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's insane! I think it looks cool. You've definitely taken the EXT in a brave new direction. :thumbsup:

eta: what size tires are those and how much lift do you have on?

Bulletproof 12" lift
Wheel: KMC XD Series Rockstars 22"x12"
Tire: Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5

1 - 20 of 21 Posts