Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L (GMAC Leaseco Ltd. Canada SMARTLease)
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering going with smoked rear lights, it's a black CTS after all, and am wondering should I buy the Vinyl or the Spray? Also, should I tint the clear reverse lamp or tint that too?

·
Registered
2004 Black Raven 3.6L Sport/Luxury
834 Posts
I'm considering going with smoked rear lights, it's a black CTS after all, and am wondering should I buy the Vinyl or the Spray? Also, should I tint the clear reverse lamp or tint that too?
Use the Nite Shades. You need to be very careful using it, but it looks great when done. I have done mine 2x and many others here have used it. Key is LIGHT COATS!! Check out the thread below that has additional links....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/106553-smoke-side-markers-tail-lights.html?highlight=nite+shades

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I want to do this with my silver CTS soon.

·
Registered
834 Posts
That is what I'm going for, only a little lighter on the tails. I mean, damn!
First time I did mine they came out too dark. I have kids and it made me nervous. 2nd time around I think they are just right.

nyyankeehaters rear post.jpg

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
First time I did mine they came out too dark. I have kids and it made me nervous. 2nd time around I think they are just right.
That looks more along the lines of what I would do. I think it will look good when I get my 20% tint.

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
what happened to the ppl that would do this for us with core swaps gm_geek, custom works; hate to put names out there but my memory is on point. Much rater pay someone to do it than have to f up mine w/ night shades.

·
Registered
834 Posts
what happened to the ppl that would do this for us with core swaps gm_geek, custom works; hate to put names out there but my memory is on point. Much rater pay someone to do it than have to f up mine w/ night shades.
Bought a spare for all 3 on eBay. Cost me about $100 for all when done. That way I was able to work on them as I could, and... if there is an issue with inspection every year, it is an easy swap to pass.

·
Registered
03, 3.2L CTS-SC
577 Posts
I went with a brighter bulb like Robert said, I also didnt put as much spray tint on the 3rd brake light in the middle,so its still visible during a nice sunny day.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Tint film or tint vynal?
I bought tint film and it is impossible to make it form properly. I say the strechy 3m type tinted vynal would work.

·
Registered
2004 cts sport
856 Posts
i used the tint film a while back on the brake lights, horrible almost impossible to form the curvature of the brake lights

·
Registered
'03 Silver CTS Blacked Out
66 Posts
I've used VHT on my H3's side markers and tail lights. They came out good the second time. lol I'm probably going to VHT the tial lights and third brake light on the CTS this weekend. I can post pics after it's complete.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts