Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 2 years of debating, I finally smoked my CTS over the week-end...I also changed my exhaust tips -- again. Anyway, here is one before and a few after pics...

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TripleOught said:
couple comments...

1. did you buy a whole new bumper to re-cut the holes?

2. so, how did you smoke the tailights? i want to do it.

looks great though, very clean...
Thanks,....All the work was done by the guys that initially did my V-exhaust...they do exhaust work for local Cadi, Mercedes, and Bentley dealers....They cut the holes themsleves - so no new bumper... as far as the tail lights, it is a paint - not a tint or spray mist...and it is permanent.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
pjohnesq said:
Thanks,....All the work was done by the guys that initially did my V-exhaust...they do exhaust work for local Cadi, Mercedes, and Bentley dealers....They cut the holes themsleves - so no new bumper... as far as the tail lights, it is a paint - not a tint or spray mist...and it is permanent.
The NiteShade is a transparent PAINT. Is that what they used or a similar product?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RobertCTS said:
The NiteShade is a transparent PAINT. Is that what they used or a similar product?
It wasn't night shade. The guy that did it said it was some kind of paint...they had my car from 9 a.m. and weren't finished until 3:00p.m...I will check with them for product name etc.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
wanted more information about the paint that you can use...or film...or whatever. i have no idea how they tint the brake lights so i was lookin for some direction...
I forgot to ask PJ if the transparent paint was on the outside or inside the lens. Like I said NiteShades is a transparent paint. It's VERY thin and will run easily if not applied in thin coat. You can't rush is. Mine has been on for over a year with no signs of wear. I was going to do my amber and fogs when they were out for the V bumper but I could never get a nice looking transition for both and gave up. A bit of paint thinner on a rag before it sets up quickly removes the paint.

VHT Nite-Shades Paint

VHT Nite-Shades is a transparent black tail light lens coating for creating a custom European styling. When applied to tail lights, fog lights or turn indicators, VHT Nite-Shades appears black until they are lit, then the natural red color appears. Recommended for OFF Road Use.

Note: If you order more than 1 can, your shipping charges will be combined manually after we receive your order. 1-2 cans is $7.00 shipping, 3-6 cans is $9.00 shipping.

** Cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii or outside of the continental U.S.**

VHT-SP-999
$12.95

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RobertCTS said:
I forgot to ask PJ if the transparent paint was on the outside or inside the lens.
Outside...I think I may give the night shades a go for my amber side marker lights...and maybe all 3 of my CTS side scripts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
TripleOught said:
i might have to give that stuff a go...i like painting things and i think it will look pretty good with tinted windows...
Never try to do your windows with this and please remember very thin coats. Give it a couple minutes to set for the next coat.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boston.CTS said:
is it street legal in all states ?
and you paint the outside correct ?
I'm hoping it is in Cali...lol..and yes it is painted on the outside

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Looks great!!! It's legal here as long as the light is still bright at night. It's the tail light covers that are illegal.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
onephatguy said:
:cool2: Looks great! Now, the only thing left is to come up to Nor Cal and hook mine up for me!:cool:
If I ever drive up your way, for $150 you can switch 'em out and they are yours. When I come back to LA, I just have them do it again...Wassup with your page on cardomain anyway...whe are you gonna create your page.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts