Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the majority here smoke or not. I prefer cigars over cigarettes, and probably only smoke once a day.

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
Marlboro light menthols. I'm completely hooked on ciggs. I hope this doesn't turn in to one of those "I'm superior because I don't smoke threads."

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
I do not...i think it is SO gross, but for some reason every once and a while if I am drinking I'll have a black and mild (cigar)...I could never do it sober though LOL

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Disgusting habit, will never do it. The fact that my mom smokes probably has something to do with it.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
Never smoked anything in my life... Except for well, tires.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
slk230mb said:
Disgusting habit, will never do it. The fact that my mom smokes probably has something to do with it.

My dad smoked all his life and had 3 heart attacks recently...Seeing him struggle all his life and try again and again to quit definitely has something to do with me not smoking....At least I learned from him!

·
5,826 Posts
LittleB said:
My dad smoked all his life and had 3 heart attacks recently...Seeing him struggle all his life and try again and again to quit definitely has something to do with me not smoking....At least I learned from him!
I know the feeling. I lost my aunt last year to lung cancer, and she quite smoking in the early 90s. That was a culture shock for my mom and she has cut back quite a bit, but hasn't quit yet.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
I'm scared for my grandmother because she's smoked her whole life, and I know that while she's cut back, there's no way she'll ever be able to quit; i mean, she used to smoke like a pack a day way back when...

She's had to have all of her teeth replaced too. Luckily for her, she had money, so instead of dentures, she got implants, but still, i hope she doesn't have to die one of those slow, agonizing deaths...:(

·
5,826 Posts
ben72227 said:
I'm scared for my grandmother because she's smoked her whole life, and I know that while she's cut back, there's no way she'll ever be able to quit; i mean, she used to smoke like a pack a day way back when...

She's had to have all of her teeth replaced too. Luckily for her, she had money, so instead of dentures, she got implants, but still, i hope she doesn't have to die one of those slow, agonizing deaths...:(
My aunt went in 3 weeks. I blinked and she was gone. It was rough on us, but quick for her...

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never smoke in my car or my home. Every evening I can sit outside, have a glass of wine, and a cigar. I'm not hooked though, I could quit anytime.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I voted I used to smoke and quit. I see people in my line of work who would be healthy and otherwise uncomplicated, but smoking tobacco ruins their health.

Where's Scourge to tell us all that smoking isn't bad for you, and can not contribute to cancer? :cookoo:

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I've always been too cheap to smoke. I'd rather blow my money on booze.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I'm 18 months smoke-free!!!

That's after about 22 consecutive years of smoking. I started when I was 15 but wasn't addicted until 18 or 19.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
I smoke Marlboro Reds and Tom Marlboro Ultra lights. I have been smoking since I was 11 years old. I did quit when trying to get pregnant, and 2 weeks later she was conceived. I went smoke free for the entire time I carried and 3 months after she was born. I started back up and regret it now. Me and Tom will probably get ready to start trying again in the spring to have another baby so I get to do it all over again. This time though I will never go back. I don't like to here any shit though whether I smoke or not about how bad it is for you. First of all it is really the only thing I do that is not good for me except for an extremely occasional drink. I could walk across the street and get killed by a drunk driver or any driver for that case before smoking kills me. One life to live!

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
I smoke 4 cigarettes a day - MAX 120s - one after B'fast, 1 after lunch, 1after dinner and 1 before bed. On weekends I deep 6 the ciggies and smoke 1 cigar Saturdasy & 1 on Sunday. (CAO Gold Churchills)
On
the
other
hand, my wife smokes a 18 a day ! (Doral 100s) I have given up trying to get her to quit. It is useless.

One Pack lasts me 5 days.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
I started at about the same age as Julie did and smoked through Jr. High. I bought two packs a day but didn't msoke that many. Not too many kids my age could buy smokes so I passed about half of them out to my friends.

I quit in ninth grade. It was too expensive and I was getting into too much trouble. I had to make a life change at that age to survive.

I remember one day, a buddy and I smoked a cigarette in English class. We were sitting in the row next to the windows in the back and would blow our smoke out the open window. The poor teacher was either oblivious or scared to say anything. We tried to hide the cigarette and keep the smoke outside but I don't think we were all that sly. I'm sure the teacher knew and just never said anything.

I was such a punk!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts