Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So ive had this 03 CTS for about 5 years. And ive had this P0440 check engine light on for a while already. Its about time that i think i want to get into debt and get a new car, however i cant sell this cts with a check engine light. Ive already replaced the gas cap with a brand new oem cap from the dealer, i erased my check engine light and light came back on. Im going to perform a smoke test in the car to find the evap leak, however i have no idea where is the test port on it. Where do i put the smoke nozzle? Can anybody show me a picture or point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1997 Professional Chassis Raised Roof Presidential Limousine
411 Posts
Why can't you sell it with a check engine light? Look under the hood for a hose with a green cap fitting on it.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,804 Posts
Have you replaced the evap solenoid? It's less than $50 and a 5 minute job.

It's located on top of the engine, under the cover and on the passenger side. If yours hasn't been replaced since the factory, you may hear it tick loudly with the engine cover off. But you may not either.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2L "Emma"
9 Posts
Have you replaced the evap solenoid? It's less than $50 and a 5 minute job.

It's located on top of the engine, under the cover and on the passenger side. If yours hasn't been replaced since the factory, you may hear it tick loudly with the engine cover off. But you may not either.

KOT
Actually not, on the 03 you can't find it for less than $80. Not to mention its located BEHIND the intake manifold, which you have to take off to change it out...not a 5 minute job at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts