Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Eldorado
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently having some cooling issues with my car. I flushed out the cooling system and it developed a leak. Then I refreshed the cooling system and added the bars leak stop leak and it stopped the leak for about one thousand miles.
It appears I am leaking coolant from my crossover gaskets. I also noticed something interesting. When I started the car to move it (which was for like 20 seconds) to add coolant I noticed that when I opened the coolant reservoir, smoke would come out! It does smell pretty bad, but cant tell whether its coolant i'm smelling or exhaust gasses. Is it exhaust gas? Is this a sign of failed head gasket or does it have to do with the crossover gaskets. Anybody here have a similar experience? Smoke only comes out of reservoir when I start the car then shut it off or if I leave the car on. No white smoke comes out of exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,120 Posts
It is a sign of a failed HG. Get a block test kit and test the air in the surge tank for exhaust gases to be sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts