·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Prius forum:

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=16201&st=0

Hey all,
not how many of you have done this, but i have found it interesting and amusing at times how many people you can get to race you in your eco car prius, i know i know it isnt what its ment to do but come on, the car has an insane amount of torque of the line and i just wanted to see what if any has any one else raced and what were the results of that.
me personaly here is my best recolection

honda civic del sol vs. Toyota prius
Victory for the prius(did this one up in sanmateo on the elcomeeno(sp?) about 2 stoplights away from the merge into one lane heading north .) cool.gif

crotch rocket(i think it was a kawasaki.. but my recolection on what kind of jap sport bike it was is not so good ) vs prius
prius kept up with the bike through the first gear (did this one over in freemont CA heading twords the dumbarton bridge) mad.gif

Mustang GT 5.0 VS. prius
(a personal note on this one, it was an up hill and around a curve race) Victory for the prius cool.gif
(location Canada College Farm hill blvd entrence heading up to the college)

havent managed to find a element to race though i would realy love to.. alright thats my story so far
oo.. good subject

I know i races and NSX.. er.. the lower end acura on the highway.. i kept up with it.. it looked a little shakey.. i passed it in the end. hehe

I raced the 400h against a viper on a roll start.. he couldn't catch up. lol
Racing people who arent even paying attention to them. Theyre as bad as ricers.

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
i had one try to race me the other day... victory for the CTS. haha little bastard couldnt keep up. after about 5 car lengths i felt bad and slowed down and then just played around with him (like a cat and a paralyzed but still living mouse)... it was quite fun.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
That dude is definately smelling his own farts.... Either that are those damn Prius batteries are getting exposed to salt water and he's sucking toxic fumes.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
This is even funnier! He raced an M3! What a dork! You gotta love his excuse for losing!

"i tried when racing an M3 down a highway.. all downhill.. only reason he beat me ( i had low profiles on the car) is because he tops around 150."

Yeah, bud....I'm sure that the speed limiter on the Prius was the reason you lost!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap! yap!

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
you know i smoked a ricer in dads hyrbrid on the way to the parts store the other day ...damn civic never stood a chance ...

were also getting that calvin and hobbs peeing sticker for the rear window , calvin will be peeing on the word "prius"...

you know tho , they need to get off there ass and have a day at the drag strip , ill take them all on in the Sierra Hyrbid ....with my mirowave in the back warming up my leftover chili and christams lights all over the truck .....4 outlets of 120 volts baby !!!

hell ill power the damn stageing tree too ....hell ill power the whole damn drag strip ...

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
The only hybrid that's pretty fast is the '07 Lexus GS450h. 340hp and 0-60 in 5.2, not bad.

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
I feel that I should join that forum and discuss these Prissypuss things...Prupus...Pupis...Whatever the Hell you call them!

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Priapism.....the problem of not being able to lose your erection. Seems apropriate for these used douchewater drinkers.

F

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Racing a Prius?!

WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?!

That completely defeats the purpose of owning one! It's like a little dumbass gimp 4th grader trying to out bench press the captain of the high school football team!

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
I drove my dad's LS400 to work today (locked my keys in the Brougham last night) and I got smoked, absolutely smoked! by a Prius. I couldn't believe it. I was driving home from work going about 72-73 on the beltway when he glides up next to me and looks over at me, and gives me the "let's go" motion with his hand. We both stomp it, and fly up to about 120 when I let off. By this time, he's got at least 5 or 6 car lengths on me and I start crying. I mean, I was weeping bittery like a little bitch! I was crying so hard because I got beat by a Prius that I couldn't see the road but I was still coasting down from 120 mph, so I missed the bend in the freeway and rolled the car. Next thing I knew, I woke up in the hospital, a broken man, and higher than hell on morphine and other drugs.

No, wait a minute, that wasn't me, that was any guy who tries to race his Prius and thinks it's cool, cause that's the only way you'd ever be able to justify such. Damn drugs, look at what you did! You've poisoned the mind of a sandal-wearing, Evian-drinking, MPR listener!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
90Brougham350 said:
I so I missed the bend in the freeway and rolled the car. Next thing I knew, I woke up in the hospital, a broken man, and higher than hell on morphine and other drugs.

Here I lie in my hospital bed
Tell me, sister morphine, when are you coming 'round again?

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I had one of those damn things cut me off in the middle lane on I-5 between Portland and Salem. He wasn't even doing the posted 65 MPH speed limit.

I floored Betty and whooshed past him. Just the pass probably used more gas—and spewed out more pollution—than his overgrown roller skate used on its entire trip.

I'm sure the nerdy little greenie behind the wheel was appalled. I hope so anyway.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
90Brougham350 said:
You've poisoned the mind of a sandal-wearing, Evian-drinking, MPR listener!
Hey! I wear Birkenstocks and listen to NPR, but I draw the line at Evian water. And I've got two big V-8-powered American gas guzzlers in my garage.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
I've got FOUR big american V-8 gas guzzlers in my garage! Unfortunately, none of them are in a vehicle, or even hooked on an engine stand ready to be put into a vehicle. :(

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
...nevermind the fact that while they are "racing" (the word doesn't even seem to apply here), their little "Pious" loses the only thing it had going for it.

It's far from fast, but my eta will return 25-30mpg while being beat on all day, and does absolutely everything better than a Prius. It was built in 1985, so why do manufacturers 20 years later need a Hybrid being driven strictly a certain way to do better?

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
... so why do manufacturers 20 years later need a Hybrid being driven strictly a certain way to do better?
It's a "feel good" for the buyer/owner and another new selling point for the car manufacturer. But in reality it's really nothing, as you point out.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
yup ....nothing feel beatter then to plug your ridgerator,32 inch TV,and your cirular saw into your pickup and go for a ride ...while your buddy cuts a sheet of plywood .....i tell ya ....its great ....

the tailgateing possiblitys are endless ....i mean , you could bring your entire home entertainment system to the game ....and plug it in ....

and its a nice bonus to get 1-7 mpg over a normal pickup doing it ...

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up earlier:

Jesda, why are you on a Prius forums site?!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts