Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
cts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt realize that the small strip of black rubber or plastic is missing from under the front bumper on my 07 until after I bought the car. I assume it is for air flow..? I drove the car from michigan to florida and back and didnt have any temperature problems.
How important is it, and what exactly is its function?

·
Registered
Cadillac
376 Posts
it keeps a little dirt off the car. I would spend the 60$ and get one(plus some plugs). Call up luke at lindsay on the right. Best prices and service out there.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Has any company made a lip that could go
On and replace this rubber guard?

And by plugs he means push pluggs..I think it takes
2 or 4 to hold it on.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
I would think that the black rubber molding should be under warrenty.
If it's broken yes, But since it's missing, then I seriously doubt it would be covered under warranty. Would be more of an insurance issue at this point. But why bother, spend the $60 for it.

KOT

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Try telling them it flew off on the highway, the push pluggs must have been faulty ;)

·
Registered
cts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I contacted Luke from lindsay cadillac, and it is in fact, used to push air over the radiator. The cost is $87.00 and $1.50 per plug. Thanks for the tip fellas! I'll be ordering that asap! Thats a great price considering I could only find 2 other places online that sell them, and they were over $120.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts