Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Stealth Gray CTS 3.6VVT 6MT
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a small square cover on the right rear of my bumper (05 1SB) .

Just curious as to what it is for/covering?

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think your salesman has a sense of humour. I can just see the car coming down the assembly line backwards. The 2003's did not have this feature. How did they ever get put together? The SRX has the same square cover but it is in the front bumper. My guess is that it allows you to tow an SRX behind the CTS. Seriously, I think they are used to allow a tie down fitting to be attached during shipment.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux/Sport
364 Posts
It's for overseas shipping tie down on the transport ships. You will see it on BMW's Benz's and most cars that are shiped on board ship. A friend that works the docks told me.

·
Registered
CTS
753 Posts
These are the most retarded explanations I have ever read.

The little square cover goes over a threaded hole that would be used for a threaded eyelet to pull your car out of a ditch or something comparable. Its not used for towing down the street. The car doesnt come with the eyelet, any well equipped tow truck driver should have a couple of these with him. I do Beleive that BMWs do come with the eyelet included in the roadside toolkit that our CTSs also lack. It has nothing to do with the assembly line or overseas shipping. Its there so the tow truck driver doesnt ruin your undercarriage or bumpers when pulling the vehicle from a tight spot. Any other speculation is shear foolishness.

·
Registered
74 Posts
extra air intake valve?

:lies:

actually, i too was told it was for tie down during shipping... but why doesn't every manufacturer have it then? i think it's ugly... if anyone's got an idea of where i can get a replacement bumper cover, i'm all ears...:confused:

hmmm... maybe i can fill the area w/ neon lights :thumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
2004 CTS (sold), 2014 ATS
453 Posts
CTS Fox said:
actually, i too was told it was for tie down during shipping... but why doesn't every manufacturer have it then? i think it's ugly... if anyone's got an idea of where i can get a replacement bumper cover, i'm all ears...:confused:
Doesn't make sense to have a tie-down offset to one side. I don't know what it's really for, but I'm inclined to believe CTS Orlando that it's for yanking the cars out of ditches.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
174 Posts
You guys where do you get your outlandish stories. The little hole covers up the USB port for salesman when there at car show so they can hook up a laptop computer to show you how the CTS functions....:)~

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
:lies:
you guys are all wrong. There is a secret button in the car that allows drivers to spray thumb tacks through the hole to get rid of anyone that's following you too closely :D

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
No guts, no glory. I opened it up and a genie came out and offered me three wishes because I was the first one ever to open it up!!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
why dont someeon pop it open and stick their dick in there.. maybee its the caddys hidden feature.. the caddy blowjob.. yea baby.. no car got that..!!!

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
While waxing my car today I decided to pop the cover off, it comes off very easy and is attached on one side but does pivot / swing away. There was a threaded port attached to the structure behind the bumper cover.

Didn't stick any body part in there, sorry...

·
Registered
Prev: '05 CTS Base, '06 CTS Lux w/Sport - Current: '13 ATS4 Lux/2.0T, '13 SRX4 Perf
791 Posts
Anyone beside me find it funny that Crock decides to post an "Cadillac Oral Sex" explaination, only then to be followed by louief talking about "waxing his car"? I'm so silly ^_^.

Threaded ports in the rear bumper....how convenient.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't believe all the crap about a function that is fully described in the owner's manual of all the cars. The cover is just that, a cover for a threaded eyebolt, which can be found with the jack in the conpartmant under the trunk mat. The eylet is to be used for towing the vehicle from a ditch or other bad place, and is not for highway towing. READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL !!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts