Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
07 ESV
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I had to go back for the AC blowing hot air. Some seals were leaking and were replaced for the second time and had the oil changed. Picked her up from service and she sat in the garage for 2 weeks.

Took her out that weekend and she didn't seem her normal self. Very sluggish acceleration off the line. I understand the electronc throttle but there's a noticeable bog when you get on and off the gas. From a stop it would leap of the line and throw you back in the seat. Now it feels like a slug. Trans seems to get confused on certain shifts. I don't know what the heck is going on. The biggest factor I love about this truck is the effortless acceleration you get from the hp/torque of the 6.2L.

At 1st I thought it was the hot temps we were experiencing - high 90's.

I printed out the transmission tsb's I found on this thread and gave them to my service writer. A little frustrated and in fear the dealer will come back with normal operation bs. I hope not otherwise I'll have to look into that 08 Vette.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Don't know what looking at an 08' Vette would do, except make your Escalade seem even slower ;) How does it run without the A/C on? These trucks will not run as well on a 100 degree day as they do on an 80 degree day, having said that without the A/C on even in the 90's it should run good. When did you get gas last? You may have a bad tank on fuel. If not have the dealer look at it. :)

·
Registered
07 ESV
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got gas after it had been sitting for a few weeks. I only use BP 93 octane.

The dealer has called and advised it's a normal characteristic of the elec tronic throttle. I think I'll have to look int ogetting a Predator(tuner).

Maybe the hot/humid weather has it feeling sluggish with the AC.

Vettes can't tow my trailer or haul 8 people.

I asked the foreman to drive another ESV then tell me if it's a difference. They want me to come down and take a ride with the foreman.

·
Registered
Cadillac
32 Posts
This is a weird thread. You're looking at an 08 Vette because your ESV is running sluggish? That is completely apples and oranges, so I won't even comment on that point.

Just get your truck re-programmed. Something is probably up with your ECU. Either way, I hope you get it resolved but don't expect anything too crazy from a huge heavy truck like the ESV... it's doing the best it can ;)

·
Registered
07 ESV
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing weird about the thread. My time is valuable and it's inconvenient to go back to the dealer for the same complaint. I've been there 3 times for the A/C not working. 3 times for the wind noise. Last 2 times the seals in the AC compressor were replaced. When I picked up the vehicle from the AC fix it was sluggish.Dealer stated the vehicle has the latest updates. Combination of high temps and AC had the vehicle running slower like any NA engine. My main concern was making sure all is healthy with the powertrain. It was great when new but in time I'm not satisfied with the electronic trottle response nor the transmissions slow shifting. Perfect excuse to buy a Predator.

·
Registered
145 Posts
We experience poor performance here in Vegas. The ambient temperatures can reach up to 118 degrees, I think today we were around 105 to 110, so think of what the underhood temps would be. Hot air and our altitude will not let the vehicles run well, add the a/c and the perfomance looses some more oomph. I don't know where you are located but it may be a factor for you as well. The programmer may help, not sure. I definately notice a sluggish performance during the last 2 months.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
We experience poor performance here in Vegas. The ambient temperatures can reach up to 118 degrees, I think today we were around 105 to 110, so think of what the underhood temps would be. Hot air and our altitude will not let the vehicles run well, add the a/c and the perfomance looses some more oomph. I don't know where you are located but it may be a factor for you as well. The programmer may help, not sure. I definately notice a sluggish performance during the last 2 months.
That is true, plus the gas gets heated to a higher temp sitting in the lines under the hood and that does not help performance either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts