Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one was a gimme. There's a light where BOTH of the two right lanes turn right onto a major road. Neither can turn on red. So I'm in the front of the very right lane with a string of cars behind me. Just as the other road's light is turning yellow then red, this little Integra zooms up beside me and keeps rolling as the light turns green. He turns right with me, with his chrome wheels and trash can muffler blaring.

I wasted him with no problems. When I let off at about 50 mph (speed limit 40), he kept coming and buzzed by me at about 65 or 70, just like all the ricers like to do.

Work has been very busy and stressful lately -- that was a stress reliever that I needed!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I agree! What a great way to relieve stress. After a savage kill like that I'm usually some kind of mellow California, Like Dude man. for about 10 minutes.....Then I'm my normal manic depraved self!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
i bet you 10bucks that teg owner went and told everyone that he beat some boat. Prolly told everyone that he flew by as if the car wasn't moving :p

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Cause when he went by.....It wasn't!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yaaaaaa, Think????

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
lynns95sts said:
I find it most enjoyable to wait until they're topped out(pace 'em), then show them whats up.
Yep! When they're running out at the top......C-Ya!!:D

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
That's the problem a lot of F-body cars had a few years back when racing Mustangs. You would walk them right up to your top speed and then they'd just walk by since they had a slightly higher top end thanks to conservative programming at GM.
It really used to frost me on the highway.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ain't it a shame? I've never hit my governor, but I do feel pretty silly knowing that my wife's '97 Saturn will outpace the Seville if it came to an endurance run. Every SLS was equipped with S-rated tires at the factory (there were no optional tires), and every SLS has a governor set at about 112 mph, to coincide with the S-rated tires.

I like a lot of things about the SLS vs. the STS, but that isn't one of them. I've got H-rated tires on it now, because it stands to reason that a higher rated tire is just gonna be built better, but that still doesn't change the speed governor -- you know, for that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I'd get to run it around Bristol a few times. :p

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! Thank goodness yours is a '95 too. I think '96 went to OBDII and it's a lot harder to change. Do they have OBDII chips for the LT1 B-bodies...or do they make an easy way to reprogram it?

I wish the Sevilles were as easy to reprogram. ;)

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
jadcock said:
Wow! Thank goodness yours is a '95 too. I think '96 went to OBDII and it's a lot harder to change. Do they have OBDII chips for the LT1 B-bodies...or do they make an easy way to reprogram it?

I wish the Sevilles were as easy to reprogram. ;)
lot of gm's obdii cars are easy to reprogram or easy to replace the pcm.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the Northstar vehicles in particular are difficult because of the enormous integration of many vehicular components, all controlled by the PCM. There's no way an aftermarket company's gonna get that all straight. The PCM handles inputs on steering, braking, transmission, suspension, and engine to create the most efficient mode possible. I guess the complexity of the system has kept 3rd parties away?

I know you can get chips for OBDI Northstar cars (1995 and previous), but not yet for OBDII Northstars. I wonder why.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
jadcock said:
I think the Northstar vehicles in particular are difficult because of the enormous integration of many vehicular components, all controlled by the PCM. There's no way an aftermarket company's gonna get that all straight. The PCM handles inputs on steering, braking, transmission, suspension, and engine to create the most efficient mode possible. I guess the complexity of the system has kept 3rd parties away?

I know you can get chips for OBDI Northstar cars (1995 and previous), but not yet for OBDII Northstars. I wonder why.

i think this has more to do with demand. Because every gm vehicle i've owned so far had some sort of tools/replacement pcm.

For the GTP you can purchase a reprogrammed PCM for 200 which changes the speed limiter to 255mph, reline higher, faster shifting.
For the Suburban you can use hypertech to adjust just about anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
Devil_concours