Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is going to sound stupid but 2 months ago i had a overheating problem which i found a couple of weeks later was because while i took all of my relays out of the underhood junction box tocheck and replace with some out of the backseat fuse box because while it was down it started the same erratic no-start so i was checking all of the relays. i finally found from a pic of the underhood box that i had taken prior to messing everything up that if i reversed the direction of the 2 large ones in the center my fans came back on. i have this weekend just about finished putting on the upper intake after cleaning all of the contacts. if anyone can send a photo of the box under the backseat so i can tell if i have anything backwards there. i would really loke to drive that this week instead of my 01 f150supercrew 14 miles to gallon average at best.
thank you and i hope i never make a 2 month headache for myself like that again 1999 sls

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
The connector pin arrangement on the relays is designed such that the relay will operate properly no matter which way it is plugged into the socket.

If you had a circuit that began to operate properly after you fooled with the relay, it is likely because the relay connector pins were slightly corroded and the corrosion was removed simply by removing and replacing the relay.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the larger of the 2 kinds maybe amaxi relay actually made the fan turn on after swapping back too my original pic. nos 37 and 38 in my manual are the relays and the pins on the back are even offset. at one time i had a 4piner in #30 instead of a 5 and i could only get brights and 1 dim. i'll check them though i hope thats not the case i've had this thing 2 yrs and probably don't have 4k on it everytime it takes 2 mos worth of weekends damnnear.
thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,126 Posts
:bigroll: Go online and find a Factory Service Manual. It's all there, but you have to snoop through two manuals the size of DC telephone books to find the info.

·
Registered
1994 STS "CADDYSNACK"
84 Posts
This is from manual for a 1994 Cadillac STS trunk relay center. I hope this helps. Otherwise, it'll be like sending the "phonebook" mentioned above. Good luck. I'm hoping to chase down some RSS module problems today or tomorrow in my trunk on the the same "NASA computer" control panel. I'm always amazed at the amount of connectors in there - I bet it's easier to fix the space shuttle than than my STS.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts