Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I came across a SLP head and cam package that claimed a rather aggressive gain of ~600Hp. I was wondering if anyone has considered/researched or installed their product. I haven’t heard of anyone getting such a gain with a head and cam installation so that raises an eyebrow. Any information and/or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Packages SPECs:

AFR SLP Cylinder Head and Cam Package features:
  • Intake flow up to 304 CFM at .500 lift, 320 CFM at .600 lift @ 28” of H2O.
  • Exhaust flow up to 250 CFM at .600 lift @ 28” of H2O (using 1-7/8 inch exhaust pipe).
  • 225cc heads with 65cc combustion chamber.
  • CNC ported intake and exhaust ports, and combustion chambers.
  • 2.080 intake, 1.600 exhaust standard length valves.
  • 3-angle radiused valve job.
  • 7° titanium retainers and valve locks.
  • 1.290 inch double springs, 135 lbs seat, .600 inch maximum lift.
  • Fully assembled heads ready to bolt-on.
  • Matched .596”/250º int. .596”/246º exh. camshaft.
  • Will require shorter pushrods (heads milled approximately 0.042”); SLP recommends always measuring proper pushrod length (for use with SLP 51014/51015 cams, PN 53107 pushrod is likely)
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Sorry, don't know anything about this - but a question:

Do you mean gain of 60 hp or possibly 600 crank hp total instead?

WW

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the confusion, I meant a total of 600Hp according to their description i.e. Cylinder Head & Cam Package, 1999-05 402 CID LS/LS2 600 HP

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
SLP is in Jerz, and a friend ahd some work done there. They do great stuff. I've called a few times, no V specific stuff, however they noted that anything can be interchanged due to the 350 base motor. I think GM used to send firebirds their way to be transformed into formulas.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
They turned Camaros into CamaroSS's (next to GMs Montreal plant). I had 2 of em. ASG did the Firebirds named WS6's

F

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Florian said:
They turned Camaros into CamaroSS's (next to GMs Montreal plant). I had 2 of em. ASG did the Firebirds named WS6's

F
SLP is a very reputable tuning company who did the conversions for the SS Camaros and the Firebird Firehawks as well as the GTX for the old Grand Prixs. ASG did the regular WS-6s Trans Ams.

In fact, I still own a 2000 Firehawk from them. When GM was still making the F body, SLP had some great tuning packages for increased performance. One of their more popular parts was their Loudmouth exhaust. Gawd, those things were loud.

But I would not hesitate to order anything from them or to have the car modded by them. They do great work and are based in New Jersey.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
...yeah, sorry, I forgot about the Firehawks....nice rigs! I bought a ton of stuff from SLP...great company.

F

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Florian said:
...yeah, sorry, I forgot about the Firehawks....nice rigs! I bought a ton of stuff from SLP...great company.

F

Here is my Hawk, sorry for the hijack:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts